Hyatt place Plantation

tjjbcolombe

Has Anyone ever stayed at the Hyatt Place Plantation ??we are looking to stay there and do they have any recommended shuttle service to take to the PORT OF MIAMI? It looks a little out there ... We are going in October for one night before we leave from POM on Carnival Liberty

I have never stayed at this hotel, but I used to live near it. The area is very suburban, very nice. Lots of places to eat and shop near this hotel. But, it is a long drive from this hotel to the Port of Miami. Is there some special reason why you want to stay in Plantation rather than closer to the port? What airport will you be flying into? FLL or Miami International?

This hotel is probably too out of the way to get a pickup from SAS, which is the most recommended shuttle service for reliability and price. You would be better off finding a comparable hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Dania, or Hollywood. Or Hyatt Place might have a free airport shuttle, and you could get SAS to pick you up from the airport to take you to POM.

The Hotel offers free airport shuttle and there is a transport service that takes to and from fort lauderdale to POM. Avantishuttle. They said they would pick us up at hotel and it would be $ 80 to POM.

The reason we are looking there is b/c it was significantly less expensive. $80 vs 130 closer to the airport and seemed to have more things closer walking range IE foods and such. Also, it looked as to have some really good reviews. I do not want to spend a lot on 1 night .. but do not want a bad choice etiher..

SAS replied to me this afternoon and they do not go that far out , only they would meet at FLL and go from there. I would rather do a one stop pick up and go.

we are flying into FLL leaving from POM

The Hotel offers free airport shuttle and there is a transport service that takes to and from fort lauderdale to POM. Avantishuttle. They said they would pick us up at hotel and it would be $ 80 to POM.

The reason we are looking there is b/c it was significantly less expensive. $80 vs 130 closer to the airport and seemed to have more things closer walking range IE foods and such. Also, it looked as to have some really good reviews. I do not want to spend a lot on 1 night .. but do not want a bad choice etiher..

SAS replied to me this afternoon and they do not go that far out , only they would meet at FLL and go from there. I would rather do a one stop pick up and go.

we are flying into FLL leaving from POM

Are you saying that the hotel in Plantation is $80 per night vs. $130 for a night at some hotel closer to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport? Plantation is quite a hike from POM. If it were me, I'd stay either close to FLL or stay in Miami. No way would I stay so far north and west of the port of embarkation. There are some nice hotels in Miami not too far from the Port of Miami. Why not check prices for these: Marriott Biscayne Bay, Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne, Hilton Miami Downtown. No doubt they will be more than the hotel in Plantation, but the peace of mind of being closer to the port is significant. Seems that being close to (within walking distance of) restaurants and a supermarket is important, so why not stay close to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport? Any hotel on (or adjacent to) SE 17th St in Ft. Lauderdale might have a reasonable price in October, and it may certainly be easier to get transport to POM. Research Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place North, Holiday Inn Express, The Renaissance.

Hyatt Place is right next door to a J. Alexanders and Original Pancake House. It's also just a few blocks from a large mall and Target. It's about 15 minutes west of FLL airport, and less than an hour from POM, mostly high speed Interstate highway driving.

As an alternative, Sleep Inn Dania is only $90 for 2 people and $110 for a larger suite and it gets good reviews here and is across the street from Publix and 2 restaurants. It is a few miles south of FLL airport, and SAS picks up from there.

Archived