Dear Carnival.....

....my name is Karen and I am a Carnival-aholic......but.....I am so frustrated at their ship webcams. For days there have only been 2 of the 5 working.

The first week of June, we had 21 friends on Dream and I was so excited to be able to try to see them but the camera was down 6 of their 7 days onboard.

Is it not possible to fix or upgrade them? I'd rather them not even have them than to see them 'down' most of the time. I do realize that the satellite feed has a lot to do with it, but other cruise lines don't seem to be having that problem.

....my name is Karen and I am a Carnival-aholic......but.....I am so frustrated at their ship webcams. For days there have only been 2 of the 5 working.

The first week of June, we had 21 friends on Dream and I was so excited to be able to try to see them but the camera was down 6 of their 7 days onboard.

Is it not possible to fix or upgrade them? I'd rather them not even have them than to see them 'down' most of the time. I do realize that the satellite feed has a lot to do with it, but other cruise lines don't seem to be having that problem.

For some reason off and on the Dream has a glitch in her webcams.

We cane in on the Dream right after her inaugural cruise out of PC and the webcams didn't seem to work for weeks after that......it was stuck on the date that we got off the ship and never refreshed....

I didn't mean to anger anyone. It was just a question.

Is there any way to delete this thread?

I hope you don't think I was getting on your case. I was serious about submitting an email to Carnival. Maybe they can look into it?

The issue is satelitte connections can be spotty. Worth a try!

No, tbjl24....I wasn't referring to you. The ones I was talking about got removed.

Someday I will learn to keep quiet and just observe.

Thanks for your input. That is really a good suggestion for me.

The Mods must be on their game today. If there were inappropriate responses to your comments, I'm glad they were removed quickly!

OP: I agree! I just need a "ship fix" now and then, and it's frustrating not to get one! :mad:

yep, I've resorted to the Princess webcams. They seem to be much more reliable.

There is even an Android app to view them on my phone!!!!

yep, I've resorted to the Princess webcams. They seem to be much more reliable.

There is even an Android app to view them on my phone!!!!

An Android App....no kidding...I've got to find it! I do like looking at the webcams when the ships are in port about a week or so before I cruise. Just adds to the excitement! I loved watching the Wachovia Miami webcam a couple years ago, wish it was back up.

Archived