Oasis: Disembarking at port with a scooter

sunor

I been reading reviews about the Oasis and there seems to be a button saying Gangway but that leads to an escalator. So how does someone with a scooter get off in the ports?

Thanks

Suz

Have never been on the Oasis. But for what it's worth the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (MSF) has their 10th Aniversary Cruise for Cause booked for on the Oasis Sept 2011. There will be at least 200 people ( if not more) in the group using wheelchairs and scooters. MFS works very closely with RCCL on planning the yearly cruise . MSF and RCCL would never have selected the Oasis for this cruise if there was no wheel/chair access to exit at each port. Tendering is always questionable regardless of the ship. So don't stress you'll get off the ship if it docks.

I been reading reviews about the Oasis and there seems to be a button saying Gangway but that leads to an escalator. So how does someone with a scooter get off in the ports?

Thanks

Suz

On other ships there have been signs posted at stairways, "this way to gangway" as well. There must be elevators somewhere that lead to the proper deck..you're just not seeing them in the photos.

We were on the Oasis in June and I used a wheelchair. When you get off at a port you go to the gangway and they have crew members showing you to an elevator that will take you on down. Very easy!

Thanks, can I ask you one more thing, when you boarded did you have to do the zigzag gangway with the wheelchair or is there an elevator to by pass that.

Thanks again very appreciated.

Suz

Archived