Wind/Waitlist

Dutchie20

We were surprised to find that the May 6, 2011 Med cruise on the Wind was already sold out. We have waitlisted ourselves, but were wondering what the chances are we will get notified of space. Our biggest concern is getting air if the cruise lines air is not available anymore. Thanks for any info.

• 4 weeks later...

I just heard from my TA that this cruise was chartered for the first 3 days. So, the cruise is now a 7 days. That may be why it was full from the very beginning. I'm supposed to find out today or tomorrow what SilverSea is offering for us to stay with the 7 day. I'm thinking we might do a back to back if there offer is sufficient. That would be a 15 day instead of 11 day cruise, but what the heck! :)

I just heard from my TA that this cruise was chartered for the first 3 days. So, the cruise is now a 7 days. That may be why it was full from the very beginning. I'm supposed to find out today or tomorrow what SilverSea is offering for us to stay with the 7 day. I'm thinking we might do a back to back if there offer is sufficient. That would be a 15 day instead of 11 day cruise, but what the heck! :)

I looked at this cruise the day i got this brochure;the price was so low(3300 per for Vista) i tried to book it but they said it was a misprint;if it indeed is charted i am happy i didn't book it:o

:confused: Oh boy! We really are not interested in a 7 day cruise in the Med. I need to contact my TA as well and get the latest. Looks like we may be looking at something else. We sure are disappointed. I noticed that it was missing from the available cruises in May. Just checked and there is indeed a 7 day on the Wind 3 days later. Oh well.

It's confirmed - we have been offered this cruise as a 7 day cruise. I think the reason there was a "waitlist" all along was because of the possibility of this change. We do not know what to do because we are looking for at least a 9 day cruise. No other itinerary appeals to us at this time. Mad Marine - what did you end up doing?

Hi Tahiti11,

Well, we don't know what the offer is yet. I should know tomorrow. We don't want to fly to Europe from the US for a 7 day cruise. What we are thinking, depending on the offer is to do a back-to-back, cruises 2112 and 2113. So, Venice to Rome, Rome to Athens.

Tahiti11:

We are going on back to backs for 15 days, voyages 2112 and 2113. They offered an additional 10% off, lower airfare. Same suite for the two voyages. The only duplication is the stop in Sorrento. We thought we would do Pompeii on 1 stop and Capri on the other. Should be fun.

MadMarine:

We just cancelled our trip. It was a very difficult decision, but we also were not going that distance for a 7 day cruise. Not able to do back to back due to work schedule.

I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Looking forward to a trip report and maybe it will work out for us in 2012.

Tahiti11:

I hate when work gets in the way :cool: ! Sorry you won't be joining us. We can only afford this once every 5 years or so and it takes a bite out of income as well since if I don't work I don't get paid. Ahh... the benefits of being a consultant!

Archived