catching cabs?

dengirl

When my husband and I get the calica we are going to go to see the mayan ruins in tulum. We plan to go by cab. To help us make definite plans I was wondering are the cabs easy to get back to calica. Do u call a cab or are they all over waiting? And could we walk from the ruins to a beach and lunch for the day. We never been to Mexico so didnt know how easily or hard it is to get around. We didnt want to rent a car because we don't have cc'ds and won't have. Grand for deposit on our debit since we are using it for ship stuff....thanks.

When my husband and I get the calica we are going to go to see the mayan ruins in tulum. We plan to go by cab. To help us make definite plans I was wondering are the cabs easy to get back to calica. Do u call a cab or are they all over waiting? And could we walk from the ruins to a beach and lunch for the day. We never been to Mexico so didnt know how easily or hard it is to get around. We didnt want to rent a car because we don't have cc'ds and won't have. Grand for deposit on our debit since we are using it for ship stuff....thanks.

There is a taxi stand out near the Hwy 307 entrance to the ruins, and yes, they will be queued up for you. There is a small pretty beach right at the ruins (no vendors to speak of). Lunch would have to be back at the mini-strip mall at the ruins entrance. There is a tram (small fee and worth it) that takes you from the parking lot to the ruins/beach area.

Check map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=20.572528,-87.129264&daddr=20.218323,-87.43664+to:20.214593,-87.428952&geocode=&hl=en&mra=mi&mrcr=1&mrsp=2&sz=17&sll=20.214442,-87.428792&sspn=0.005024,0.009624&ie=UTF8&ll=20.216214,-87.4298&spn=0.040191,0.07699&t=h&z=14

A = Calica port

B = Tulum parking lot / strip mall / taxi area

C = Tulum ruins

Have fun

Thank you so much that information helped a lot!

If you've never eaten from a Riveria Maya taco stand before, you're in for a treat. There were several in the parking area on our last visit. Some of the best fast food on the planet, seriously. But be very careful with the salsa's, the Mayan definition of "Hot" is two notches above battery acid. Texan's and folks from the Southwest are generally OK with it but many Middle Americans might suffer.

Archived