Wine

Carnival will allow me to bring a bottle of wine on board. I understand that there is a $10 corkage fee to have it opened in the dining room. I spoke to a telephone representative today who verified that for me and told me that I could just bring the bottle of wine to the dining room the night I want to drink it.

What if I want to drink it in my room? Is there a corkage fee for that? Do I need to ask a steward to bring me a corkscrew or should I just try to find a screw-top bottle of wine to eliminate that issue?

Carnival will allow me to bring a bottle of wine on board. I understand that there is a $10 corkage fee to have it opened in the dining room. I spoke to a telephone representative today who verified that for me and told me that I could just bring the bottle of wine to the dining room the night I want to drink it.

What if I want to drink it in my room? Is there a corkage fee for that? Do I need to ask a steward to bring me a corkscrew or should I just try to find a screw-top bottle of wine to eliminate that issue?

Bring your own corkscrew and avoid the issue. You can open it in your cabin for no charge.

Also, if you forget your corkscrew, ask the cabin steward. He or she will bring you one.

Remember, you're allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine per person over 18 but it must be stored in your checked bags.

:)

We brought our own wine tool with us. :) Although we had horrendous results. Our cork was a bit weak and fell apart. We ended up having to push the cork into the wine. :rolleyes:

He tried to pull it out with his teeth.

Cruise2010467.jpg

Bit it in half sadly. :rolleyes:

We asked for plastic wine glasses from our favorite bartender on lido deck.

Cruise2010484.jpg

Easier for transport. :p

Thanks. I've found lots of wine that I like that has a screw-top, so I will look for one of those first. I just didn't know if I'd be causing a mess by getting the cabin steward to get a corkscrew for me. I also wasn't sure if I'd be able to bring my own with me. It seems like that could be a confiscated item. Thanks for the speedy responses.

Bring your own corkscrew and avoid the issue. You can open it in your cabin for no charge.

Also, if you forget your corkscrew, ask the cabin steward. He or she will bring you one.

Remember, you're allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine per person over 18 but it must be stored in your checked bags.

Host, please clarify...everything I have read says you must take your allotment of wine in your carry on, NOT in your checked luggage. Has something chaged recently to allow it in your checked luggage??

We either throw a corckscrew in our luggage before getting on the ship. I have heard if you order a bottle through Bon Voyage, they attach a corkscrew to the package for opening.

Are there cups in the room or do I need to my cabin steward for those too? I'm not opposed to drinking wine out of a regular cup, but I'd prefer not to. I guess I could just make friends with the bartender on the Lido deck and ask for a couple of plastic wine glasses?

Are there cups in the room or do I need to my cabin steward for those too? I'm not opposed to drinking wine out of a regular cup, but I'd prefer not to. I guess I could just make friends with the bartender on the Lido deck and ask for a couple of plastic wine glasses?

We just ask the bartender for a couple of wine glasses and they are more than happy to provide them. You can also ask your steward or order them from room service.

Host, please clarify...everything I have read says you must take your allotment of wine in your carry on, NOT in your checked luggage. Has something chaged recently to allow it in your checked luggage??

FOO!! I mistyped!!!

I meant to say 'carry on bags'. Why I typed 'checked bags' I don't have a clue. My current martini may well be to blame...

FOO!! I mistyped!!!

I meant to say 'carry on bags'. Why I typed 'checked bags' I don't have a clue. My current martini may well be to blame...

HAHA, sigh of both relief and disappointment. It would be great to check the wine and not worry about lugging it around until the rooms were ready....but, I have seen the way the porters chunk luggage around and would be worried they would break!:eek:

I completely understand about the Martini, enjoy one for me!

Mach, That's weird. I read it as "carried on bags". I guess it's so ingrained in my head that I didn't even catch the error!:)

Ha! Same here. Thats funny.

Oh, and to the OP...you dont really have to make friends with the bartender to get the glasses. They will be more than happy to oblige. :)

Does Carnival have a wine program where you pre purchase a package and have the wine always available at dinner? I've looked at the web site and don't see any mention of it. HAL had something like this and it was really nice to have your unfinished (not that this happens much!) wine stored and then available at your next meal.

If you want wine glasses, don't go to the bars on the Lido or they will give you plastic....yuk. Go to one of the inside bars or ask your steward. One time we had a steward who took the wine glasses every day and didn't replace them. We started storing them in the closet.;)

Archived