People-To-People Program

cje19

I have been reading about the People-To-People program in the Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone has recently done this. We are looking for a unique yet safe travel experience while we are in Nassau in October. Any information would be wonderful.

I have been reading about the People-To-People program in the Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone has recently done this. We are looking for a unique yet safe travel experience while we are in Nassau in October. Any information would be wonderful.

I haven't done it myself, but have known others who have done it. Highly recommended. Not sure how it works out doing it from a cruise ship though.

I just got back from the Bahamas a couple of days ago and did this program. I would highly recommend it. I think it would work out just fine iwth a cruise ship - just give the program enough notice so they can work it out.

What they do is this. You send them your info, and they set you up with a volunteer. They then forward you the volunteer's name, phone number and email address and you contact that person and make arrangements to meet.

I was in the Bahamas for a week, so was able to get together with my volunteer a couple of times and recieved a really nice tour of the island.

Let me know if you want any more information.

Kristin

You can email me at star102011@yahoo.com

The wonderful thing about this program is it is free. The volunteers are chosen and trained by the Ministry of Tourism, and they take the program very seriously. So you know that you will have a good time, and its very informative.

The guide that we had was wonderful. He actually came to our condo the night before to meet us, than then picked us up the next day and took us on a tour of half the island, and one of the larger malls. Then we met again on another day, he took us on another tour and showed us the rest of the island. We saw cultural stuff and learned history.

I really recommend this program, you won't be disappointed.

Kristin

Archived