Braiding Hair

hftmrock

A few years ago my family went to the bahamas and my DD got her hair done in braids...

Do they have people who do that in Bermuda? are they on the streets or are there shops? How much does it cost...

thanks all...

Yes, they do have people that braid hair here. They usually set up booths at Destination Dockyard (open air market which is in Dockyard on Monday nights) or at Harbour Nights (open air market which is in Hamilton on Wednesday nights).

Some of the hair salons do offer braiding as well. One that is close to where the ship docks in Hamilton is a place called Ja'Nauzi's. It's in a mini mall called 'Butterfield Place'. You can't miss it - the mini mall is right next to Butterfield Bank, which is on the corner of Front St. and Burnaby St, just look for the Louis Vuitton store.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much they charge.

Glad Sousak responded because, believe it or not, in all our times to Bermuda I only saw someone offering it once and that was at a private home near Tobacco Bay. My point is, other than the open air markets, you will have probably have to seek them out since they are not most everywhere like in the Caribbean.;):)

Bermuda is a completely different culture than The Bahamas. As noted, you may be able to find someone to braid your hair, but for the most part, it would seem to me to be much like going to a beauty salon like you might do at home for the same service.

I wouldn't see the point, to be honest. Again, unlike The Bahamas, it won't seem to be "the thing to do" in Bermuda.

Theron

Archived