Early Saver

PA Dutchman

Looking at our one cruise the (cruise rate) for our GS cabin went down $10. So I looked at the total price from when we booked the ES rate and it was total $788.14. The tax and fees were $49.14. If we book the same today cruise rate is $10 less but the taxes went up $13.92 to $63.06. So the total price is now $792.06. Question, does Carnival use the total price of the cruise or the cruise rate for the Cat room you booked for the early saver program. I sent in the request for a $10 OBC and got it back NO you already have the lowest price. Maybe I am answering my own question. If the taxes would not have gone up we would have been ok for the $10. anybody run into this type of priceing ? Im board this morn.

Looking at our one cruise the (cruise rate) for our GS cabin went down $10. So I looked at the total price from when we booked the ES rate and it was total $788.14. The tax and fees were $49.14. If we book the same today cruise rate is $10 less but the taxes went up $13.92 to $63.06. So the total price is now $792.06. Question, does Carnival use the total price of the cruise or the cruise rate for the Cat room you booked for the early saver program. I sent in the request for a $10 OBC and got it back NO you already have the lowest price. Maybe I am answering my own question. If the taxes would not have gone up we would have been ok for the $10. anybody run into this type of priceing ? Im board this morn.

ES price-matching is based solely on Cruisefare. They will settle the Govt Fees and Taxes at or just before sailaway; if the Govt Fees & Taxes are less than you originally paid, they'll credit your S&S Account; if they're more than you paid, they can, but probably won't charge you on your S&S Account. ken

I was denied the first round but the 2nd round they took the $10 off the cruise rate, and have already updated the carnival site. WOW. Don't know what the first person was looking at that denied it.

Who knows.... :confused: But good for you! Persistence pays! ;)

Archived