Tips for Travel

Scorpiorose

I'm looking for your "travel to the cruise" tips......here's mine.....

#1 I load my ipod with audio books, TV shows, and movies.....this way if there is a delay in plan itins or we get stuck somewhere I have books, movies, and shows to entertain myself......

#2 tip - you know those $10 shawls they sell in airports, I bought one because it serves as a blanket, (roll it up) it's a pillow, and drapped over your shoulder it keeps you warm in chilly air conditioning.

What are yours?

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a couple that I've made use of over the years of traveling day-of or day-before sailing.

1. Buy a small package of Ponds Daily Cleansing Pre-moistened Cloths and stash them in your carry-on. They are great for freshening up and removing travel dirt accumulated from bumming around airports and on and off planes. DH and I wash down our faces and necks and instantly feel much better.

2. Bring your bathing suit in your carry-on so when your luggage doesn't get delivered until a few hours after you board you can enjoy the pool. Pools on the first day are generally pretty empty - why not enjoy them mostly to yourself?

3. Make yourself a listing of emergency numbers for the cruise line, airline and any other transportation companies you'll be using in case of en route delays! This is sort of a no-brainer, but someone out there might need a reminder.

4. Study up on a map of the ship before boarding. Once on board, enjoy some lunch and walk it off by exploring the ship stem to stern, port to starboard, sun deck to haul. Skipping from activity to demo and bingo after that will be much easier if you give yourself some context for location.

I second the suggestion about the scarves, aka pashminas, they're lightweight, stylish, and just warm enough to keep the chill off on a long plane ride.

Happy Cruising!

S

I posted this in "first time cruisers". Be sure to notify your credit card issuer of your travel out of the country and give them your intinerary and dates. They will thank you for it. Saves having a charge denyed because the credit card security software flags it. Also, if you have several credit cards you may want to check the currency exchange rate charge the bank may make for changing foreign charges into US dollars. Some charge nothing and most will be anywhere from 1% to 5%. Use the cheapest one.

Archived