Help!!!

BOUDREAUX

ummmm

given this is a "tendering" port and they would need to transfer from the ship to a bouncing tender (smaller boat)

then from the bouncing tender to a pier

and the same two steps on the way back

I'd encourage they enjoy the quiet time on the ship . . . .

BUT if they are going ashore anyway they can easily hire a taxi/tour driver on the pier for a drive around the island with stops at the more easily reached attractions like HELL . .

BUT MY RECOMMENDATION IS THE FIRST OPTION I MENTIONED

I agree with the previous poster. It really depends on how mobile your parents are with their canes. This is a tender port so they need to be able to get in and out of a tender that bounces up and down a bit. If they can then I would recommend they do either a private or ships tour that gives them an overview of the city, goes to "Hell" (although kind of cheesy to me), and perhaps the Rum Cake factory.

My Dad used a cane and my Mom a walker. The staff on RCCL helped them onto the tender and off the tender. They had no safety issue whatsoever and enjoyed Grand Cayman. It's one of their favorites.There were a number of people on the tender that needed assistance. They can do on one of the excursions that takes a tour of the island, visits the turtle farm, Hell, and ends with shopping time, or just do the shopping right off the pier and skip the excursion. I honestly don't think they will have a problem with staff assisting them in a safe transition from the ship to the tender; tender to pier; pier to tender and tender back onto the ship. They did a great job smoothly and easily. When we said we would assist, they said they would do it and that they were accustomed to getting the passengers in and out easily. They were right. We would have had much more of a struggle. The staff is amazing. They don't have to enjoy the ship. They can and should enjoy Grand Cayman if that's what they want to do.

I was worried about them gettign around plus, I had no idea it was a tendering port the last time I went there we tied up right to the pier. I'm going on Carnival in December and if they were that helpful with your parents Carnival should be equeally helpful. Thank you again this puts me at much more ease.

Archived