Kindle 2 Questions

Lynda90

I have now had my Kindle for a little over 2 weeks. How can I tell if I need to recharge it. The battery indicator is difficult to read; at least for me. Will I get some kind of warning? When I recharge it, do I turn it off or just leave it on the page it's on? Will it go to sleep mode? None of these questions seem to be answered in any literature I can find.

Thanks for your help! :p

There is a little icon of a battery in the top right hand corner. It will show up when you have the Wi-Fi on. Generally, if your Wi-Fi is left in the "off" position, the battery lasts approx. one week; less if you leave Wi-Fi on all the time (Wi-Fi must be on whenever you download something, otherwise it can be left off). Anyway, the battery icon is filled in and as the battery life goes down, you will see the filled in area getting less and less.

I turn my Kindle off when I recharge it. It recharges pretty quickly. I recharge mine about once a week.

Enjoy...I love my Kindle. Take it to the beach with me every weekend.

Jo-Ann

I just plug in the power cord, and when I'm done reading, turn off my Kindle and plug it in. If the light glows yellow..it's charging. If it glows green, it's fully charged.

You can charge it while reading -- just plug it in. Or charge it while in "sleep" mode..or while fully turned off.

The little "battery" in the upper right side of the screen will "shrink" when it NEEDS charging. But that takes quite awhile..unless you leave it on, and on to the internet access (I don't).

When you stop reading -- if you don't go to "sleep mode" (push the little lever on the top of the Kindle to the right and release it) -- it'll go to "sleep mode" itself in about 10 minutes. The screen will move to a picture (they vary every time). To turn it off completely, push the little lever on the top to the right and hold it there for about 5 seconds or so, and release it. The screen should turn "white" -- blank.

But again, it can be recharged in any mode -- full operation, "sleep", or off.

I LOVE mine!!

If you have the wireless on a message will come on the screen to tell you your battery neeeds to be charged. It is a good idea to wait till it needs to be charged and not just charge it. The battery life is a lot longer if you leave the wireless off. I leave mine off unless I want to buy something. I have had mine about 3 months and love it.

I don't turn on wireless unless I'm ready to buy a book. Since I've now had it for over 2 weeks and the battery indicator is almost all white inside it, I figured it was time to charge it. Does that seem right?

I don't turn on wireless unless I'm ready to buy a book. Since I've now had it for over 2 weeks and the battery indicator is almost all white inside it, I figured it was time to charge it. Does that seem right?
Yes, that's right. Before it "goes" completely, you'll get a warning that'll say something like this: "Your Kindle is about to run out of power. You should charge it."

You can turn it off-off while charging, or you can allow it to lapse into sleep mode. You can also keep reading while it's charging; turn the text upside down so that the cord doesn't bump you in the stomach during charging.

Since yours is brand-new, remember that you should allow its battery to run down 100% at least once (I always do it twice) before recharging. It's good for the lifetime usage of a rechargable battery.

Yes if it is almost all white it needs to be charged. I bet if you turned the wireless on a message would come on your screen to tell you to charge it.

Archived