RCI Dolphin Excursion--question about transportation

Cecilia V.

I have been researching the various dolphin swims and have decided that I'd like to book Royal Caribbean's Push, Pull, Swim excursion. At $99, it is reasonably priced and I prefer booking thru the cruiseline because of their cancellation policies.

However, I would like to book this excursion just for my 2 teenage daughters who are 14 and 17. My husband and I just want to observe and are happy to pay the $19 admission fee to the park.

My question concerns transportation. If my daughters are booked on RCI's excursion, will they have to take the taxi that the cruiseline hires (and then my husband and I will have to be in a separate taxi as we aren't doing the excursion)? I am not comfortable with this as I don't want my daughters in a taxi without us. Or, can my daughters come to the excursion in a taxi with us and then just meet up with the excursion group?

Any help would be most welcome.

I am just back from doing this excursion and I'm almost positive that there were parents who came along with the group but just watched. I'm not sure how they went about it though. I would guess that once they are checked in you can ask the guide and if you can't ride with them, they could ride with you.

Your daughters are going to love this excursion! Our whole family did it and I have daughters as well ages 16 and 18, this was one of their favorite things about the trip!

Last week I did the dolphin swim and ride and friends of mine wanted to come along to watch. When we got on board we went to the excursion desk and asked about this and they were charged a fee to be able to join us. They rode in the same van with us to the excursion. That being said, the swim and ride cost $122 and I believe it cost my friends $30 some odd dollars to come along and watch. I thought this was a bit expensive but they really wanted to do it and enjoyed the day.

Archived