Tipping for Room Service?

halbaby

Do you tip in the Pizza type restaurant or 24 hour type restauraunt ?

Those people are covered under Alternative services

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

I always tip $2 for standard room service. Have never tipped at the buffet but if service was exceptional would give them something extra. I think they have to pool their tips though.

mexicoBob

Just off the Liberty Saturday and I had to almost force room service to take their tips. They would give me my receipt and run for the door. I had to tell them to hold on a few times. Each time I had the bills in my hand. Service was very fast and Nikoli from Russia was excellent.

Would trinkets be OK?

I was thinking about John Deere penlights or my local sport teams keychains. CC posters say the stewards appreciate them.

They appreciate cash. They live in a closet. They don't have room for trinkets.

My minimum tip is $2 when I just get coffee in the morning. This is my personal choice. You should tip what you feel comfortable tipping.

I always go to the bank and get $50 in one dollar bills before I cruise. I keep most of my cash in the safe but always leave a few $1's handy in a drwaer for easy room service tipping. If I am traveling with my children this is even more true so they have access to singles to tip room service if they want to get something.

They do usually seem to be quick in and out and I like to have the money handy. You can also add it to the room service slip when you sign although I always feel that cold hard cash is preferable.

Just got off of the Splendor, and we always tipped $3 for our morning breakfast. The Smoked Salmon is great! We also ordered coffee for 4, instead of 2. I would fill my Carnival travel mug with the extra coffee. Powdered coffee mate is great to have with you in case they don't bring you enough cream.

Just got off of the Splendor, and we always tipped $3 for our morning breakfast. The Smoked Salmon is great! We also ordered coffee for 4, instead of 2. I would fill my Carnival travel mug with the extra coffee. Powdered coffee mate is great to have with you in case they don't bring you enough cream.

My goodness. You tipped $3 even though they didn't bring you enough cream? You are very generous!

I think it's also a good idea to tip when you have breakfast or lunch in MDR. I usually tip $5 for the family when we do meals in there...

Tip whatever makes you comfortable! If you think the service was worth $1, that's perfectly fine. If you think it's worth $100, then more power to you!

I think it's also a good idea to tip when you have breakfast or lunch in MDR. I usually tip $5 for the family when we do meals in there...

Tip whatever makes you comfortable! If you think the service was worth $1, that's perfectly fine. If you think it's worth $100, then more power to you!

I think the service is worth the auto tip........

Do you tip for room service?

Do you tip in the Pizza type restaurant or 24 hour type restauraunt ?

Not talking about the Steak House.

the two places you are asking about are not places where you sit and get waited on- the pizza place you walk up and get your slice or two then go find a table.

the buffet is self serve.

No reason to tip in either places-- who would you tip?

--

keep the auto tip in place and all the workers will get their share.

Room service we tip 1-2.00 depending on what was ordered.

We pay our cabin steward 3.50 a day and he does a lot more work then deliver food.

The pizza place I am referring to is a sit down place where they bring the food to you.

Don't rememberer which ship this was.

Not referring to where you walk up and get a slice lf pizza.

Tipping room service people yes, Carnival website ever say you are to tip them. You tip the waiters for bring you your food so why wouldn't to tip room service. Pizza and other food stations no, I think it would be a little harder there. I'm sure some of them might take it, but you are mostly serving yourself there.

What a great tip for coffee drinkers. I am going to add a very small containter of Coffee-Mate to my packing list. I mix fat-free coffee-mate and skim milk together and it gives the coffee a richer flavor with no fat. I have read that the ship supplies Splenda so no problem there.

Thank-you. :)

The pizza place I am referring to is a sit down place where they bring the food to you.

Don't rememberer which ship this was.

Not referring to where you walk up and get a slice lf pizza.

That's not an option on any Carnival ship.

Archived