Hair Braiding in Cozumel

cdm

My daughter wants to get her hair braided in Cozumel. Any happy customers out there?

We are planning to spend the day at Paradise Beach. Do they have this service?

Only 12 days to go...:D

Beware of the risk of sunburn between the braids. I found that a stick type lipbalm with a high SPF worked great. Just run it up and down between the braids. Imuch easier and less messy than trying to apply a liquid with your fingertips.

My daughter had her hair braided at Paradise Beach. The sunburn on the scalp is a problem and looks gross when it starts to peel. My daughter would use spray sun tan lotion on her scalp. I really like the suggestion of the lip balm - will tell her about that - Thanks.

My daugher has very long hair - don't remember the price for her but if you want I can check when she gets home from work:D

I would take my own comb-- I watched the women braiding at PB and they used the same comb on everyone. I guess I am paranoid, but I kept thinking "lice"

You're not paranoid, this has been a problem.

Take all your own supplies, comb, brush, rubberbands, barretts, etc.

If you wouldn't let your child wear another's hat at school, they I wouldn't let her have her hair braided on the islands.

They do use the same combs, etc. If the child before yours had lice, your daughter could very well get it.

I'd have it done BEFORE you go at your local hairstylists or on the ship.

Just my opinion.

My daughters have had theirs done a few times. I found Banana Boat has a spray sunscreen specifically for the scalp. We used it on our last two cruises with great success. Even if their hair isn't braided, their scalps still burn. I think I found it last time at Wal Mart or Target.

Maureen

My daughter had hers braided in Dec. in Cozumel. They will use your comb, but it has to be the kind with the long pointed "rat" tail. They use it to seperate the hair and pick it up. She had her whole head done for $35. 2 hours of work. She had aluminum foil and then the bead with the aluminum pushed down into the middle of the bead. Her hair lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. Have a great time and let us know how you like Paradise Beach. We were suppose to go, but ended up staying in Chankanaab instead. JYL

Archived