Want to rent a car for our day in port. Need some help

Floridamom

We would like to rent a car and drive around the island. We are not looking to go hiking in the mountains though I wouldn't mind seeing them. We would prefer to drive near the nice beaches. I heard that Fort de France is hectic. Wondering if it would be a good idea to take the ferry to Point de Bout and rent a car there. Can you drive the whole island from there? How long would that take? Is it one main road? Should we just stay on the south side? We can drop off at a different location for a fee. What would be the best way to do this. Thanks in advance.

indeed you can rent a car at Pointe du Bout ( Avis or Europcar). You won't be able to tour the whole island because 4 or 5 hours is quite short. But you could go south crossing le diamant, Ste Luce, Marin and ste Anne on the caribbean coast where are the most famous beaches of martinique.

If you rent your car at Trois Ilets, it's better toi drop it off in Trois Ilets ( because traffic jams to Fort-de-france are....) and take the shuttle boat to join your cruise boat.

I was so hoping you would answer my post. Thank you so much. I have rented a car from Avis at Point du Bout, and we will drive around the coast a little and stop at some of the nice beaches. Later we'll take the ferry back.

Thanks so much.

Archived