Question about steakhouse and being vegan

Katoo

You know, it's not as bad as it looks. The negativity is coming from just a few of the same people repeating the same thing over and over again on each page of this thread.

I don't get the anger (and all of the repeats of the same stuff) because I wanted to make a request. What's it to them? Why do they care?

Bet I'm not the first to ask, nor will I be the last, but I can ask.

Repeating themselves ad nauseum doesn't change it, and why would I care if rude people think I'm rude?

Amen. And I agree..and many are really just havng fun in the arguement;)...as you no doubt know...regardless of their opinions.

I drink sparkling water at home...every day, all different brands including Perrier..(.OOps, just remembered anyway, that it's San Pellegrino that I drink at dinneer on the ship not Perrier!! ....)anyway, I drink sparkling water at home and do NOT swell up, but thanks for your concern ;).

also, funny story about desserts.

A bunch of us raved over the creme brule and the waiter actually offered it to us one night when it wasn't on the menu. he told us he put in a special request to the chef to make it for us.

We were thrilled....the people around us wondered how we got creme brule, but it was our waiter that did it (CCL Triumph, our last CCL cruise)

The fact was, I was going to skip dessert that night and when I told the waiter (prior to knowing about his surprise) that I was not having dessert, his face dropped and he said, "But you must!"

LOL

I ate the creme brule and walked around uncomfortably stuffed to the brim for the rest of the night.

Obviously the waiter didn't think it was putting the chef out.

Dan, the idea that you think this is 'extra priveledge' is where the issue lies.

On every cruise I have sailed, they specifically ask what special needs you have. I don't think THEY look at being vegan and requesting a meatless meal the same way you do. (Thank goodness) All she wants is NO meat and her other foods prepared a little differently. Anyone with dietary needs asks the same thing of the cruise line. You are judging her because of a lifestyle she is choosing. Having this meal cooked in the kitchen at th esteakhouse is no more trouble than doing it in the mdr kitchen. All the ingredients are there. AND she is PAYING money for it, as opposed to getting it for free in the other venue.

My position is that her chosen lifestyle does not constitute a NEED. And I have said if ordering from the menu, go for it.

San Pellegrino label:

Sodium 36.1 mg/L

Don't know if that's a lot or a little.

Thanks, and thanks for hanging with me.

Not a problem. I'm happy it worked out for you. I hope you'll take a pic of the Chef's masterpiece and come back and post it for us and let us know what he made. Who knows, the Chef may actually add a vegan item to the menu because of you! Have a wonderful anniversary and cruise.

Francie

Katoo..thanks for filling us in..."Now we know the rest of the story." Good Day!!

Stacato..like Paul Harvey..smiles. Have a great vacation..yours is same month as mine..Splendor..on the "closer" coast to me..Happy Friday...Sarah.

Amen. And I agree..and many are really just havng fun in the arguement;)...as you no doubt know...regardless of their opinions.

Oh, I know. I bet they don't even eat in the steakhouse.

Oh, I know. I bet they don't even eat in the steakhouse.

I can only speak for myself........but I do because they have the best cut of meat.........

I do consider it a need, even if you don't.

LOL! I think we all know that:p

Now I need to go buy that new coach purse I need........see ya!

To me is Vegan is a lifestyle choice, not a special diet. A special diet is Kosher, Halal, if you have severe food allergies and lactose, wheat intolerant, low sodium etc. Those can effect your health. But being a vegan or Vegetarian you can eat meat and animal but choose not to. Eating a steak won't kill you. I'm still alive:D

tel you a story, I had a group of friends one was I call a "militant vegan" drives us nuts with lectures of where out food comes from.

Many times we would go to her restaraunt of choice and we didn't go militant how it was cruel to pick the fruits off the tree and wank the poor carrots out of the ground. I was so tempted. Yet she had no problem telling me about how the chickens and cows were treated.

Me: Food comes from the supermarket:D

To me is Vegan is a lifestyle choice, not a special diet. A special diet is Kosher, Halal, if you have severe food allergies and lactose, wheat intolerant, low sodium etc. Those can effect your health. But being a vegan or Vegetarian you can eat meat and animal but choose not to. Eating a steak won't kill you. I'm still alive:D

tel you a story, I had a group of friends one was I call a "militant vegan" drives us nuts with lectures of where out food comes from.

Many times we would go to her restaraunt of choice and we didn't go militant how it was cruel to pick the fruits off the tree and wank the poor carrots out of the ground. I was so tempted. Yet she had no problem telling me about how the chickens and cows were treated.

*LOL* Loved your post , thanks for the chuckle

My DW will never wear a fur because it is cruel to animals . Ok I am safe there .

Now I just have to convince her how much agony the poor diamond goes through when it is torn off the wall of the mine with a pick axe *LOL*

*LOL* Loved your post , thanks for the chuckle

My DW will never wear a fur because it is cruel to animals . Ok I am safe there .

Now I just have to convince her how much agony the poor diamond goes through when it is torn off the wall of the mine with a pick axe *LOL*

LOL. Good luck with that. ;)

Wank the carrots? Should be a law against that.

Yeah, I've noticed how whiny I've been where everyone else has been so nice in this thread.

Great come back Katoo!

HA to all the negative nancys here.

And no, I am not a Vegan and the only one I ever knew, I wanted to smack around on a daily basis.

But, long live life style choices I say.

Andy

:D

....and we lub ya anyway!!:p:o:p

Thanks for that but I think you meant to direct your love to Dan. The reply quotes are messed up on this thread. You have to look at the beginning of the post to see who was actually quoted. The part after "[quote=" is the name of the actual quoter.

Somebody should quit assuming.

I have read the whole thread.

What makes you think I haven't?

:confused::confused:

Because you said this:

Why would how somebody else orders thier food cooked be offensive to you?

What does it matter or how does it affect you?

That is just being childish and idiotic.

:eek::eek:

Nobody is arguing this.....people do this all the time.........

Archived