Newbi to NCL Hello balcony upgrade question

bigtoeswim'n

Hello my CC friends: Plz can someone help me. I received an email from NCL with the above offer. That got me and the hubby retalking about Hawaii and Pride Of America. Sure would like a balcony in Hawaii. So with this offer, I could get that for the price of OV. I would be a first time booking with NCL.

So, I tried to do a fake booking for Jan 2011. This date is eligible for upgrade bc it has the symbol indicating so.

So, if I choose to book myself to maintain control of the booking, how do I get this upgrade bc it is not indicated on the price. I would pick the OV for around $999 pp. That would be great to capture a balcony for that price. SHouldn't the price indicate balcony? Right now it says GTY. I know what GTY stands for. Is that how the balcony comes in??

Will it be automatic and I'll be notified via email??? I really don't want a vacation planner rep controlling my booking as I hope to capture any price drops. I have the time to sit and monitor NCL web site as I work around computers.

So, anyone that could help me understand this, I'd appreicated. By way of info, this will be my six cruise in total. Two with CCL, two with RCI, one upcoming RCL this fall (already booked). I have never sailed with NCL but I like their itinerary for HI... Thx in advance for advice. Do I need a code?? like PGBFA, PGBRD, PGOBC (got that from Terms and COnditions). Does PG stand for "past guest" as I am not a past guest of NCL. Offer expires Aug 1, 2010 i think. toodles.

Hello my CC friends: Plz can someone help me. I received an email from NCL with the above offer. That got me and the hubby retalking about Hawaii and Pride Of America. Sure would like a balcony in Hawaii. So with this offer' date=' I could get that for the price of OV. I would be a first time booking with NCL.

So, I tried to do a fake booking for Jan 2011. This date is eligible for upgrade bc it has the symbol indicating so.

So, if I choose to book myself to maintain control of the booking, how do I get this upgrade bc it is not indicated on the price. I would pick the OV for around $999 pp. That would be great to capture a balcony for that price. SHouldn't the price indicate balcony? Right now it says GTY. I know what GTY stands for. Is that how the balcony comes in??

Will it be automatic and I'll be notified via email??? I really don't want a vacation planner rep controlling my booking as I hope to capture any price drops. I have the time to sit and monitor NCL web site as I work around computers.

So, anyone that could help me understand this, I'd appreicated. By way of info, this will be my six cruise in total. Two with CCL, two with RCI, one upcoming RCL this fall (already booked). I have never sailed with NCL but I like their itinerary for HI... Thx in advance for advice. Do I need a code?? like PGBFA, PGBRD, PGOBC (got that from Terms and COnditions). Does PG stand for "past guest" as I am not a past guest of NCL. Offer expires Aug 1, 2010 i think. toodles.[/quote']

Having been booked for Hawaii b2b cruises and watching the pricing for the last year. Plus Hawaii pricing has been going through the roof and a lot of dates have been selling out before final payment is dueI think you may be reading it wrong.

I went back and looked at Jan pricing and the only upgrade is from a BG (deck 7)to a BC (deck 9) the description for both read ocean view with balcony. Price difference is $40 pp.

So you should re read the details and if still confused call NCL.

I can't see them giving you an upgrade at a savings of $500 pp.

LJH1: Thx for the reply. Hmmm. Yes confused still. Maybe I don't understand what "welcome balcony" means. I look at in the morning when my mind if fresh. I'm hoping to use Delta FFM to help on airfare. Thanks again for replying. I'm hoping to get more than one response. Have a nice night.

To be honest, I don't think you will get that upgrade. It's for sailings that seem to need help (not selling as well as they would like). Hawaii doesn't seem to need the help, and it's HIGHLY unlikely they would give you the balcony at an oceanview price. I saw them on a few of the Caribbean and Bermuda sailings.

On our Alaska cruise they are offering the upgrade from a catogory C overview to a BB balcony. On the NCL website if I go in like I am booking the cruise after I put in our ages etc the page comes up with a list of available cabin catogory types. Under Oceanview it list C and right next to it they have the words free upgrade to BB and if you click on the price it will bring up a list of BB balcony cabins that you can choose from. So if the cruise you are looking at has the free upgrade to the balcony from the ocean view you will see which oceanview cabin you need to choose to get the upgrade to the balcony.

to jsmith and all who answered so quickly. BIG THX... Now I see that NCI is sort of doing a teaser with that ad, but the ad sure got me off my couch-potatoe status and onto their board looking into HI.

So, is there a trick and easy-smeasy way to find out which Hawaii sailing has OV to balcony upgrades??? wo me searching date by date. I have tried their search engine for "balcony upgrades" but not getting any streamline specific HI dates with OV upgrades. I will diligently keep checking. Maybe I'll it it lucky. We are looking for 2011 or 2012.

So' date=' is there a trick and easy-smeasy way to find out which Hawaii sailing has OV to balcony upgrades??? wo me searching date by date. I have tried their search engine for "balcony upgrades" but not getting any streamline specific HI dates with OV upgrades. I will diligently keep checking. Maybe I'll it it lucky. We are looking for 2011 or 2012.[/quote']

The "Hello Balcony" promo page on the NCL website has an "Upgrade Finder", and also lists some of the more popular upgrades being offered. For Hawaii, it promotes an Inside to Oceanview (JAN -APR), but I didn't see any Oceanview to Balcony.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=HelloBalconyPromo

The "Upgrade Finder" takes you to the vacations listing page where you can narrow your choice by clicking Pride of America under ships, or click Honolulu under departure port. Those cruise dates with any ugrades being offered have a "^" symbol in a blue box. You can then check that particular date to see what the upgrade offer is. Unfortunately there's no easy way to search by Oceanview to Balcony upgrades (you'll have to pick a few dates that'll work for you and see what's available). Some are just upgrades from one Balcony category to another. Good luck! I really enjoyed the Pride of America and of course the Hawaiian Islands.

Archived