RCCL or Princess

htmlll

I am planning a cruise for my family (husband, 9 yr old son and myself). We have narrowed it down to two cruises. Western Caribbean on the Explorer of the Seas, Oct 9th, 2005 and Eastern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess, Oct 8th. The ship is the most important the port stops is second. I like to have alot of fun stuff to do during my days at sea, my husband likes to relax and my son just wants to have fun. Anyone that would like to help us decide would you please give me your input?

FYI: We have been on the Navigator of the Seas and Golden Princess before and we had a great time each cruise.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on the Golden and the Mariner of the Seas and the kids enjoyed both. But...Caribbean Princess has an additional deck, Riviera, than the Grand or Golden Princess. Everything else is the same. Therefore, there are more people in the same public spaces. Our friends were on it last October and said it was very crowded. So, since the ship is number one to you, I would go with the Explorer of the Seas.

Only downside to RCCL is that the Royal Caribbean ships do not have self service laundries. We like to pack light, do some laundry, since we are divers and bring our own equipment.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived