Pricing, availability Braemar

Alibobs

Still seriously considering the Braemar, Canaries, 5 October

As I have mentioned previously we are not in a position to book yet due to a possible family conflict (in timing, not war!). We will know for sure at the end of August.

Does anyone have any experience of booking this late?

Some people tell me the prices can be much more competitive, I am more concerned about availability. I would like a balcony but would settle for an outside - need to see daylight!

Anyone any experience of which cabins go most quickly?

BTW I haven't posted much but read this site avidly - have gleaned so much information as a potential newbie cruiser - thank you all

Hi Alibobs

You can get a good idea of availability on Olen's website, by selecting the cruises you're interested in (M1024) and clicking through as if you were going to book.

Step by step instructions if you're not sure...

Select ' Book Now' - continue to booking (No need to register or enter any other reuirements apart from the number of people in the cabin). You'll come to a screen headed 'Your Cruise Price' - tick any special offer boxes, but make sure you leave the Brochure Price box ticked, as you'll need this to see availability.

You should now get a list of what's still available. So, at the moment I can see Balcony Cabins with brochure price 2014.05 and special price of 1719.55 Select the brochure price button, and scroll down to the bottom of the page, tick the box saying you want to choose cabin number, and then go to next page. You'll then be able to see which cabins are still available (in this case only one, with an obstructed view).

We needed a single balcony cabin for one of our party, and there are only a couple of those, which is why we booked a bit earlier. I'm guessing there may be a late-saver offer on this cruise in the next few weeks, but it may not include any balconies - although there are a lot of Balcony Suites left, so I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the price of those. If you'd be happy with an outside, then no panic - just keep checking the site for Latesavers!

We're really looking forward to this cruise, as I've heard there will be an Art Tutor onboard, and two of our party are interested in learning to paint. Also card-making classes, which interests another of our group.

hth

JB

Archived