mobile - best time to arrive at ship?

coachwardog

not before 10:30 am for sure. unless you want to sit in the baking sun in the car line on the road. we went in april and it wasn't too bad waiting but the line to get into the garage that day did not open up until 11am. the officer said it is open at 10:30 most of the time. we were just too excited to sit at the motel any longer and got there at 10am. we are going again in january so if we do have to wait maybe it want be too hot.

We were on the July 3 sailing from Mobile and I had read some of the info on here previously about what a mess the parking/port area was so I thought I was prepared. All I can say is wow! We arrived at the port around 11:30 and waited in traffic for an hour (within throwing distance of the ship). This line just did not move. When we finally got through the luggage drop off mess and into the terminal, I was quite glad we had booked a suite and were able to use VIP this trip. The lines I saw seemed long, but also seemed to move fairly well. Having cruised from Port Canaveral, Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale, I can say this was the worst experience we have had so far. Bring your patience with you, and like the other posters said- maybe try and get there early or late. Have a great cruise!

Archived