Shore Excursions for Western Caribbean on Crown

Carmenere

Pricing for the excursions won't shop up in your cruise personalizer on Princess.com until about 120 days prior to sailing (when booking becomes available). Until then, you can look at the descriptions of the available excursions only.

We have enjoyed two different types of excursions in Cozumel. Twice we selected the cooking school at Playa Mia beach. It was especially wonderful as one day it was raining and everything else was cancelled. You may want to consider this in January as the weather may not be ideal. We have also enjoyed the Xrails adventure and had a great time. Many of the beach clubs are wonderful as well if you just want a beach day. I love Cozumel and think you will have a terrific day there.

If you like to golf, both Cozumel and Grand Cayman (although may close to public) have good golf excursions. A lot of fun to play around the crocs (Cozumel) and igauanas. Everyone seems to like the stingrays at Grand Cayman and that is always everyone's first choice. We also rented a car and went to Rum Point which is much quieter than Seven Mile Beach in Cayman.

To be honest, in Roatan, it appears to always be cloudy. Although the reef is very good there, we have yet to have a sunny day or a day when the snorkeling wasn't cancelled due to jelly fish. I like the beach area the best in Roatan.

Princess Keys is really a short beach day. I have never liked this stop and they often miss this stop in the winter due to high wind. They kayaking is in a roped off area. The sunbeds are on top of each other.... They have a new tour which takes you around the island, but we were not able to stop at Princess Keys on our last tour.

I consider Western Caribbean mostly a beach experience.

We have enjoyed two different types of excursions in Cozumel. Twice we selected the cooking school at Playa Mia beach. It was especially wonderful as one day it was raining and everything else was cancelled. You may want to consider this in January as the weather may not be ideal. We have also enjoyed the Xrails adventure and had a great time. Many of the beach clubs are wonderful as well if you just want a beach day. I love Cozumel and think you will have a terrific day there.

If you like to golf, both Cozumel and Grand Cayman (although may close to public) have good golf excursions. A lot of fun to play around the crocs (Cozumel) and igauanas. Everyone seems to like the stingrays at Grand Cayman and that is always everyone's first choice. We also rented a car and went to Rum Point which is much quieter than Seven Mile Beach in Cayman.

To be honest, in Roatan, it appears to always be cloudy. Although the reef is very good there, we have yet to have a sunny day or a day when the snorkeling wasn't cancelled due to jelly fish. I like the beach area the best in Roatan.

Princess Keys is really a short beach day. I have never liked this stop and they often miss this stop in the winter due to high wind. They kayaking is in a roped off area. The sunbeds are on top of each other.... They have a new tour which takes you around the island, but we were not able to stop at Princess Keys on our last tour.

I consider Western Caribbean mostly a beach experience.

What time of the year were the jelly fish there? We will be there in the middle of Feb. Have you been there during that time?

Archived