Need input

bubblesmm2

I am concidering a cruise in Nov. of '05 and trying to decide whether to go

on the Star Princess or the Caribbean Princess. Anyone out there with some

good or even not so good info I'd sure like to here from you. Been on the Sun, Grand, Royal. Ya'll been on the two ships I'm looking at help ....I need

to make a decision very shortly. Thanks

I am concidering a cruise in Nov. of '05 and trying to decide whether to go

on the Star Princess or the Caribbean Princess. Anyone out there with some

good or even not so good info I'd sure like to here from you. Been on the Sun, Grand, Royal. Ya'll been on the two ships I'm looking at help ....I need

to make a decision very shortly. Thanks

We've been on both and both were great ships for us.

If asked to choose, though, Caribbean Princess wins easily. We've sailed her twice and have two additional sailings booked.

The only word of caution I might advise comes from seeing some smaller ship history in your post. The Caribbean Princess is a really big ship and while we did NOT feel as though the extra 500 passengers made a difference at all in OUR crusie experience, you might get some comments about that. I'd say if the difference between the Sun and Grand didn't bother you then this is a non-issue.

We've been on Grand, Golden, and Caribbean. There are some nice things about the layout of Caribbean Princess that make it an interesting ship compared to her earlier sisters. Overall, it's still a Grand-class ship, just with more people. Some, including us, noted some reductions in service efficiency on Caribbean Princess caused by the increased passenger/crew ratio. It's not enough to spoil a cruise by any means, but you might not get quite the same feel that you would on Star Princess. As always, YMMV.

When I was on the Caribbean Princess I did not really notice the extra 500 people. When I was on the Diamond Princess I noticed the lack of 500 extra people. I hear the Star is also very nice and was considering that for a future cruise (unscheduled!). November is 'probably' not a super busy time of year so the Caribbean might not be overfilled... have fun whatever you decide!

Thanks to all for your info and opinions.

Hey Janman....we are still on the Sun P. 3/19 . Just looking ahead. I

usually wait till I return from cruise. Looking forward to this one coming

up. Think I am ready except for the packing.

I've been on both the Star and the Caribbean Princess. I really liked the Caribe Care on the CB, it really increases your choices for eating at the buffett for both lunch and dinner. I also thought the MUTS on the CB was amazing. There are more pax on the CB and an additional deck to go up and down. If you prefer smaller ships, go with the Star, 2600 pax instead of 3100 pax. I loved both.

We've sailed the grand 2x and thought the Caribbean Princess would be similar. It is to some extent, but is just too crowded. More tables in the buffet area, more loungers on deck -- it was more crowded people-wise and space-wise. It is difficult to navigate the pool decks and Horizon court because of the extra tables and chairs. We found ourselves spending a great deal of time on our aft balcony, and eating at off hours to avoid the crowds. You must get to the show lounges min 30 minutes before the show, and sometimes 45 min is better. If you don't mind crowds, then you'll be fine on CB.

We are trying the Star in Oct.

Archived