Gratuities

Rhitson88

When do these get paid? I know Carnival gives you the option to pay it at time of booking. I don't think I was given that option with Princess. Does anyone know when they get paid or if they might have just been thrown in at the time of booking anyways. Please let me know so that if I need to, I can just call up and pay it before the cruise if possible. Thanks.

They charge your shipboard account daily for the automatic gratuities. You can pre-pay your account on Princess by calling them and "gifting" dollars into your account (http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp). I do this with all my cruises (using Item #6015 and buying as many as needed), paying enough in advance to cover all excursions, tips, and my estimated purchases. I like walking out at the end of the cruise only having a couple hundred dollars max charged to my account. If by some small chance I don't spend all that I've pre-paid, they'll refund the extra no questions asked.

When do these get paid? I know Carnival gives you the option to pay it at time of booking. I don't think I was given that option with Princess. Does anyone know when they get paid or if they might have just been thrown in at the time of booking anyways. Please let me know so that if I need to, I can just call up and pay it before the cruise if possible. Thanks.

Gratuities are $10.50 per day/PP for inside to balcony passengers, and.....

$11.00 per day/PP for mini suite/suite passengers.

These charges will be added automatically to your shipboard account.

On Princess the gratuities get added to your bill each day per person.(each day once cruise has begun) You can pay before your cruise or during if you want no "bill" at the end of your cruise.(if you used a travel agent ask them the particulars) You can always pre pay your shipboard account in cash if you want or leave all charges(drinks,gift shop,etc) on your credit card. I think this is what you are asking?

Archived