Tell me about pictures taken on DCL

Last time i cruised they were in the process of changing to the photo pass system so you could go home and look at the photos on line and then buy what you want. I havnt heard that is has been started yet.:confused:

But I can say they did have package deals that saved a lot of money and they were so great about it.

We bought a smaller package then decided we wanted more and they upgraded us for the price difference and another time we bought the larger package and didnt want enough photos to use it up so they refunded our account to a smaller package to fit our needs on the last night. That was great.

Some lines once you buy a set package your stuck with it.

No photopass program on the ship but you can buy a CD with all of the pictures taken of you and/or your family while on the cruise. Just make sure you give the photographer your room number.

Note, if you are having more than one family traveling together, make sure you put all of the photos on one room number so you only have to buy one CD.

Couple of other things to add to the above. They will have printed pics available to purchase onboard.These pics will have some type of DCL border on them. The cds do not have this border.Im hoping at somepoint someone will offer the board also.

Also, go thru your pics each day, and try and keep them together.At the end of the trip,if you buy the CD,compare the number of pics on the cd with what is already printed. For some reason, they missed 2 or 3 pics of us at CC last year and they had to add them to the disc.If I hadnt looked while we were still onboard,wed never have known it until it was too late.

If you have a little girl (or big) they do a Tinkerbell photo that is too cute. The little girl holds out her hand and they superimpose Tink into her hand. so that it looks like she's looking right at Tink in her hand and I've seen some where the girl is puckered up to give Tink a kiss. Too adorable to pass up.

For the boys, on Pirate night, when they are dressed in their pirate geer, they have them hold a sword up in the air and they superimpose Capt. hook, so that it looks like they are having a sword fight. These were a must have for me. They were sooooo cute.

We took family photos on "formal" night. We did several backgrounds but they superimposed Tink in the photo shoot with the white background. Both kids were lying on their stomachs face to face with their hands together, palms facing up. The kids thought the pose was weird until they saw the finished product.

Archived