Suite Amenities

cindilouwho

Hi Cindi,

From ACC's website:

Thalassotherapy Pool

All Penthouse and Royal Suite guests may enjoy complimentary use of the pool at all times. Additionally, any guest receiving a Spa treatment may enjoy complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy pool for the entire day of the treatment on port days, or one hour before and after the treatment on sea days. An additional fee will apply to any other guest that wishes to use the Thalassotherapy pool.

I'm a pretty smart guy, but would someone please tell me what a "Thalassotherapy pool" is, other than a seemingly exclusive perk? What makes this splash different from the other hot tubs one board? Do they use Perrier or Champagne, radioactive water perhaps? Honest, I'm really curious, before I shell out my hard earned onboard credits. Thanx:D

Dr. H -

It is larger than a hot tub, it features stainless steel or aluminum (?) bars at one end that slopes toward the bottom of the "pool" that also have many small air jets. One sits on the horizontal part of the bars and reclines against the sloped part of the bars. On the Journey, the T-pool was forward of the spa area (at the very front of the ship) that also features chaises with large towels, pitchers of cold water and "flavored" (?) water. When we used it on our Baltics cruise in 09, many times we were the only people using the T-pool. It's a nice perk.

I'm a pretty smart guy, but would someone please tell me what a "Thalassotherapy pool" is, other than a seemingly exclusive perk? What makes this splash different from the other hot tubs one board? Do they use Perrier or Champagne, radioactive water perhaps? Honest, I'm really curious, before I shell out my hard earned onboard credits. Thanx:D

Dr H, the configuration / style / size isn't what makes a Thalassotherapy pool different. If it is a proper Thalassotherapy it will pump sea water and not fresh water. Meant to be healthy for the skin. Similar to seaweed wraps, mudbaths etc.

David

Archived