Earliest / Latest embarkation for Freedom

We were on Freedom the week of June 27. We live in Orlando, so we just had to drive to the port. We got there about 11:15 a.m. and there were already plenty of people there. By the time we unloaded our luggage, parked the car, stood in line to check passports and travel documents, went through security, checked-in and got our Seapass cards, we were in the Windjammer by noon. Even that early, we had a very hard time finding somewhere to sit and eat our lunch. We, usually, try to arrive at the pier by 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. (at the latest) and have only had to wait to get on board, once in 8 cruises. I believe you have to be on board by 3:30 p.m., but I'm not sure (it might be an hour before sailing time). Plan on, at least, an hours drive from Orlando's airport. And, be aware that it isn't quick getting out of the airport. You're plane will come into a terminal that you will have to take a tram from to get to baggage claim and Orlando's bagagge claim isn't very quick. I would plan for a minimum of 1/2 hour after you're landiing time to have your luggage. As far as embarking is concerned, we were on the road driving home by about 10:00 a.m. The embarkation process for us took about the same amount of time as boarding did (say, 45 minutes).

What is the earliest and latest times to get on the Freedom of the Seas if the depart time out of Port Canaveral is 4:00pm? Just looking for what flights will work.

I would plan to fly in the day prior to departure, as too many things can happen to delay you arriving in time. If that is absolutely impossible, then book the earliest flight you can into MCO. You want as much leeway as possible. You can normally start boarding the ship at 11:00. I believe that they want all pax on board about 1 and 1/2 hours prior to scheduled departure, which would be 2:20 PM Eastern time.

I would plan to fly in the day prior to departure, as too many things can happen to delay you arriving in time. If that is absolutely impossible, then book the earliest flight you can into MCO. You want as much leeway as possible. You can normally start boarding the ship at 11:00. I believe that they want all pax on board about 1 and 1/2 hours prior to scheduled departure, which would be 2:20 PM Eastern time.

Absolutely agree, we've heard horror stories about times when people try to fly in the same day as the cruise departure. Once out of budgetary needs and a problem with DH's PTO at work, we chanced it and it worked out flawlessly, but we were worried the entire time and are glad it's over. We will never do it again.

We always get to the port around 10:30 and Carnival, Princess and NCL all boarded at 11 so hopefully that helps if you OP.

~Lisa :p

Archived