Help me get to my ship!!!

mahondi2389

This is my first cruise w/MSC and because I live in Italy I have to decide whether to take a train to the ship or drive myself. Can someone give me some advice on either/or.

If I drive, is there an address for my GPS?

How secure will the car be for a week?

How much does it cost to park the car?

If I take the train where do I get off?

How far is that from the dock?

Do I have to take a boat to get to the dock?

If this was your option, what would you do?:confused:

By train, you'd get off at San Lucia - that is right beside Piazzale Roma. (You ust need to cross a small footbridge). Sometimes there are shuttles from their to the ship. if you say which ship you are going on, hopefully someone who has sailed recently will be able to say whether this is the case or not.

I'd be surprised if there were reasonable long stay carparking anywhere on the lagoon itself. Your best bet would be to research car parking facilities at marco Polo airport and elsewhere in the area at Mestre. There are buses as a transport method for getting over to Piazzale Roma

here are 2 websites regarding parking that I found on my venice map

http://www.asmvenizia.it for parking at Piazzale Roma

www,veniceparking.it - this is for the island of Tronchetto which my map says is much cheaper but will involve a vaporetto to get to central Venic, however on the map it looks like it could be closer to the port. Hopefully the 2 websites will make it all much clearer for you.

You may also find a lot of useful infor on this particular subject on the Italy section of the Ports of call area of this forum. I've definitely seen dozens of threads in the past on the subject of getting to the port in Venice.

Good luck with your research

According to my MSC Catalog they have a parking agreement with a secure parking lot/garage at Venice but it doesn't give any other info. I've parked my car for cruises from Civitavecchia and Bari and never had any problems. One was a 12 day cruise and cost me around €120 if I recall, while the other was only 7 days and the cost was around €65. Get your travel agent to find you all the information.

Archived