Not an ES question, just a $ question

badgebunny

Hey all you wise folks on CC,

My DH booked the Legend for next summer with "his travel agent". I just checked with the Carnival website and we aren't booked as Early Savers as our total is about $90 more than the ES rate Carnival has posted. I'm not unhappy with the rate we got for the cruise because we are able to purchase our travel insurance with another company and are saving a significant amount over Carnival's insurance so we are breaking pretty much even there.

My question is will we still be able to get the "price drops" and OBC if the price of our category is reduced? Also, we weren't assigned a room...does that matter.

Thanks so much,

Amy

You have no obligation to purchase Carnival insurance no matter what rate code you use. So that savings would have been there regardless.

As for the booking itself, it sounds like the TA booked you under a fun saver rate, which is a guarantee rate, so they have to assign you a cabin. You can always see if the current TA can rebook you under the early saver rate, saving you the money and giving you the ability to select a particular cabin.

You can purchase insurance on you own even if you booked direct.

You wouldnt get price drops after final payment with your rate.. but you CAN change to ES any time, just call up the TA and have them change to the ES rate.. but make sure you are set on the date because deposits are nonrefundable.

Archived