While at the ports

izmeeh

I read that some people decided to stay on the board at the ports. If I get off the ship, can I get back on, get back off, and get back on again before departure time? In other words, do we have on/off, in/out privileges?

I read that some people decided to stay on the board at the ports. If I get off the ship, can I get back on, get back off, and get back on again before departure time? In other words, do we have on/off, in/out privileges?

Yes.

As often as you like - on and off. The only issue might be a a 'tender' port where you have to take a smaller boat from whip to shore and back - that is still doable - but might take a while longer....

Make sure you always have your sign and sail card and another piece of ID with you to get back on the ship!

Make sure you always have your sign and sail card and another piece of ID with you to get back on the ship!

Thanks. You guys are awesomely quick. Regarding a piece of ID, I read some suggestions about not to bring your original passport with you to the port, just the copy. Will that be enough? I'll bring my driver license just in case but some people in my party don't have an ID or driver license.

Thanks. You guys are awesomely quick. Regarding a piece of ID, I read some suggestions about not to bring your original passport with you to the port, just the copy. Will that be enough? I'll bring my driver license just in case but some people in my party don't have an ID or driver license.

I never take my passport off the ship - but do bring my driver's license - I believe they want a piece of photo ID if possible?

I also take a photocopy of my passport - which I had 'shrunk' down and laminated to credit card size - and that seems to work as well.

Archived