Question re: Anchorage/Amsterdam

KAYEF

I've gotten the "idea" on the boards that the "A" docks in the industrial area of Anchorage and passengers are not allowed to walk out.

If friends who live there want to scoop us up for the day............just how do we get "out" to meet them and then "back" to the ship?

Thanks...............bet Kween Karen can answer this for us.;)

I'm leaving tomorrow, so would appreciate an answer soon.:)

Maybe just taxi out and meet at at the train station. We took a bus to the train station and if I remember correctly there wasn't much (very industrial area) in between the port and the train station.

Have a great cruise!

Cheryl

There were quite a few posts about this in the Alaska forum. You have to take a taxi or the shuttle bus out of the port area and back into it. One post (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1213463&highlight=anchorage+taxi) explains that there's a free shuttle bus to the Egan Center, so that would be a good place to meet your friends.

Yup, what JD said - your friends can't come pick you up at the port itself. Take the free shuttle to Egan Center, or in the alternative take a cab and have it drop you off at your friend's house or a central location - maybe meet for breakfast? Your friends can also drop you off at the Egan Center so you can take the free shuttle back to the ship at any point during the day - I think I remember it ran every half hour or so. Have fun!

Yes....I just did it. The free shuttle was quick and nice. Took us right into the center of town.......your friends could easily meet you there. I didn't even have to wait in line on either end (though I am sure that is always a possibility!)

Archived