front facing cabins on the sun

pieshops

The wind is not a major issue. Yes, you will feel wind when you open your sliding glass door to the balcony, but you can sit and read out on the balcony in total comfort. You can even stand at the railing while the ship is moving, but you will have to comb your hair when you return to your cabin. ;)

When you look at photos of the ship you'll notice that the balcony railings on the front cabins slant up at an angle and are not square. This helps to deflect some of the wind away from you.

Noise from the anchors.

Noise from whatever the crew was doing on the other side of the wall. Yes, we had the very from room which was probably part of the problem.

Noises went on until 4am. No complaining helped. All it got me was a whoppin' $50 off my next cruise.

Sorry about my spelling error....

My previous post was supposed to read that our room was the last room in the furthest to the front. On the other side of the wall was a room that required the crew to be there and they blasted music until 4am every night no matter how many times I called.

Sounded like a party......

I don't recall any noise issues at all and have no idea what you're referring to. I stayed in 1201 two years ago and in 8002 this past November.

The only noise "issue" -- if you could even call it that -- was in 1201's bathroom you could hear faint music coming from the Observation Lounge. And that didn't even drift into the main area of the cabin.

I have pictures of the cabin (1201) on my Sun 1/02 cruise here: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/clr/cruise/cruiseindex.html

I think on the deck OP's inquiring about there are only staterooms, so no crew will be anywhere near their cabin. Also, don't you have to be down a lot farther to be bothered by the sounds of the anchor?

We were also in 8002 last year, and we never heard a single thing. And, you'll have a really big deck! I wouldn't hesitate a minute in choosing a forward cabin.

Adele

thanks for all the helpful info we booked 1201 on the pool deck

Pieshops that should be a great cabin. I was in 8002 as well but I understand the noise issue that was posted. I believe the crew bar is forward on the lower decks.

We had an small issue the first night. Not an issue for my sons :) There is a speaker that can be turned on to pump the rap music from the bar onto the bow. I assume they use it when cleaning up during turnaround. They forgot to turn it off the first night and when the party started we got to listen to LL Big Bigger Daddy Outlaw Cool music for a couple of hours until they remembered to kill the speaker.

I imagine if you had a cabin aganst the forward bulkhead the driving base of Rap could drive someone a bit crazy.

Time to pack - out of here in a couple of hours :)

Archived