Getting from MIA to FLL

We did the tri-rail. It was a great deal!!! You will have to take a bus to the train station (free bus) then the train will take you to the airport stop... where again, you will have to take a shuttle to the airport. These transfers do require you to be able to handle your luggage.... but over all a great deal. I think it took us about an hour and a half start to finish with waiting for buses and train.

Tri Rail for sure. It's the absolute cheapest way to do it by far. It requires a little bit of carrying your things around so if you are ok with that, I definately suggest it - you save a ton of money.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

We did the tri-rail. It was a great deal!!! You will have to take a bus to the train station (free bus) then the train will take you to the airport stop... where again, you will have to take a shuttle to the airport. These transfers do require you to be able to handle your luggage.... but over all a great deal. I think it took us about an hour and a half start to finish with waiting for buses and train.

I agree, I did it with TriRail in April and will do the same again in November. There have been some negative comments on these boards about TriRail, but, I found it to be a fantastic way to get from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.

I rented a car for the day in Miami and it turned out to be cheaper than taking a taxi from POM to FLL. My flight didn't leave until 6pm and I missed the "send your luggage ahead" deadline. It turned out to be about $50, compared to the $75 for a taxi. I've not taken the rail so I can't comment on that.

Archived