Best Beach - Facilities and Snorkeling

khank

We will be in St. Croix on Saturday, Oct. 2. I'm looking for a BEAUTIFUL beach with facilities (food, restroom, fresh water rinse off) and good snorkeling. We would love some place that is not overly crowded. Any suggestions?? I've read mixed review on Cane Bay which was my original plan. Would love to get the advice of a local. Last year we went to Trunk Bay in St. John and I totally fell in love with this beach. I'm hoping to find something like this in St. Croix. Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Karen - which beach did you end up going to in St. Croix? We are looking for the same.

~ Toby

We will be in St. Croix on Saturday, Oct. 2. I'm looking for a BEAUTIFUL beach with facilities (food, restroom, fresh water rinse off) and good snorkeling. We would love some place that is not overly crowded. Any suggestions?? I've read mixed review on Cane Bay which was my original plan. Would love to get the advice of a local. Last year we went to Trunk Bay in St. John and I totally fell in love with this beach. I'm hoping to find something like this in St. Croix. Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen

Karen - which beach did you end up going to in St. Croix? We are looking for the same.

~ Toby

Toby,

We ended up doing an ATV tour with Gecko ATV and had a blast! We were going to go to Rainbow Beach afterward, but it was overcast & rainy so we decided against it.

Karen

The beaches just north of the Cruise pier are sandy and convenient -

coconuts, then Rainbow both have bar/restaurant on the beach -bathrooms, running water and proximity from the boat.

Cane Bay on the north shore is great - and surrounded by restaurants, but it doesn't have the amenities.

If you are looking for amenities you may want to consider going to one of the Hotel/resorts on the island -

a few will charge a $3-$5 access fee to use the facilities.

Carambola is a beautiful beach with great snorkeling too (all the way on the Left side of the beach) They have a dive-shop where you can rent equipment. and They just became a Marriott, so I'm not sure the status of the restaurant, the entry fee etc.

Hotel on the Cay is in Christiansted Harbor - so from the Boat you would have to get to C'sted and then take a 3min. water taxi ride to the hotel - they have a full gammut of water activities - jet skis, etc.

The Buccaneer, Tamarind Reef, Chenay Bay, and The Divi are all even further East - each has a unique quality to it so it's worth looking them up on Tripadvisor too.

Remember - it IS an Island, but its twice the size of Manhattan. it takes about 45 min to get from East to West.

• 3 weeks later...
What "amenities" is Cane Bay lacking? I understand we can get chairs & umbrellas there, is that correct?

Correct. There are no true public restrooms, though the dive shop and restaurant are more than happy to let you use theirs. There are no showers, aside from a solar shower at the dive shop, though there are large buckets to rinse the sand off of your feet, shoes, legs, etc.

Archived