San Diego hotel

Jewel22

We are looking for hotel in San Diego for the middle of September. It will be 4 women and a 4 year old, so we will need a room that can accomodate all of us or maybe two rooms. We plan on staying 5 - 7 days and we will have a car. Our plan is to spend time at the beach, San Diego zoo, Balboa park and Seaworld. The main priority is choosing a safe area and a clean hotel in a moderate price range. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Julie

Since you have a car, I would suggest one of the long term or all suite hotels in Mission Valley such as Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, Homestead Studio Suites, Extended Stay America, Hawthorn Suitesor Comfort Suites. There is also a few in the downtown area such as the Embassy Suites, but you will pay more for both the room and parking there.

http://www.missionvalleyhotels.com/

Those hotels look like they would work out great for us. Thank you for the help. It is great to be able to ask a local for advice. We don't want to end up in a bad area. Thanks again.

Julie

We are looking for hotel in San Diego for the middle of September. It will be 4 women and a 4 year old, so we will need a room that can accomodate all of us or maybe two rooms. We plan on staying 5 - 7 days and we will have a car. Our plan is to spend time at the beach, San Diego zoo, Balboa park and Seaworld. The main priority is choosing a safe area and a clean hotel in a moderate price range. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Julie

Hotel circle area of mission valley has many reasonably priced options. You might also want to look at the embassy suites in la jolla. Great for a 4 yr old, close (driving) to really nice beaches and birch aquarium. Your 4 yr old would also love legoland ca in Carlsbad.

We stayed at the Bristol Hotel. It's within walking distance to the Seaport Village, to Horton Plaza, where you can get tickets to the hop on hop off trolley which will take you to the Zoo, Balboa Park, Coronado Island and other places. It's a terriffic location. Woodys pizza is a couple blocks away. The hotel is reasonable with large rooms. Iv'e heard good things about the Sophia hotel and that's just as close. have a great time!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check into them all. We are really looking forward to our "girl's trip". It will be 4 generations! I'm going to check into Legoland, too.

Julie

Archived