Celebrity Questions

tdggal1980

Hello fellow cruisers!

DH and I are currently considering doing a 12 night Mediterranean cruise aboard the Celebrity Century in the summer of 2012. There are 2 itineraries we are particularly interested in. Basically they are the same with the exception that one goes to Nice, France and the other goes to Cannes, France. Our questions are:

Has anyone done this particular sailing and how did you like it?

Once we choose one over the other, is it possible to see both ports during the time you are there? (i.e. pick the Nice sailing but able to travel to Cannes during that stop)

If that is the case, we'll just pick one and plan on seeing both places. Also, DH is going to be 40 in a few weeks and I am 30. We were wondering about the general age range you see on these types of sailings. We have done 3 Carnival cruises and one Royal Carribean but have never done Celebrity. And while we are not huge party animals, we do enjoy numerous activities on the ship and were hoping there were plenty of things to choose from on sea days. My understanding (and experience) is that on port days, the ship pretty much shuts down. Are there any activities planned on those days for individuals who don't do ashore?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Know that longer cruises over 7 days, attract an older clientele due to cost and time needed away from jobs, family etc. However, you say the summer, so that will draw some families...younger.

On our Med cruise on Summit last year we stopped at Cannes. We stayed there and enjoyed the day just walking and spying at the "high class'. There was a huge boat builders' convention that day and well,...the millions of dollars in yachts was unbelievable. Anyways, we enjoyed our day and sat at an outdoor lFrench cafe for wine and cheese people watching. Ah... Those that have a stop in Nice, often head off to Monte Carlo.

There is always something to do on X ships. However if you are used to Carnival, X will be a complete change for you. More upscale, quieter, service oriented...just a different atmosphere. Think no bells and whistles for the kids, constant announcements, towel animals, pool games etc.

have a great cruise.

Cannes and Nice are fairly close, so you could do a tour that visits both. Keep in mind that the 2012 summer itineraries are not out yet, so who know if Century will even be doing Mediterranean then - and even if so, the ports very like would be a bit different. Around April of 2011 the Summer 2012 itineraries will be out.

My wife and I are in our 30s and both love Celebrity. There is definitely an older average crowd than on Royal and less activities, but we have always found others our age as well as enjoyed socializing with people in older age groups. There definitely are activities on sea days, but they are a bit toned down vs. Royal (i.e. no Quest, hairy legs contests etc.). They have activities like trivia, movies, dance lessons, drink mixing classes, etc. If you are able to do a Solstice Class ship (there newest class of ships) instead of Century (which is their oldest class of ships) you will find a larger percentage of younger cruisers as well as more activities. I have sailed on both Century and Equinox (a Solstice class) and while I enjoyed Celebrity, Equinox blows Century away.

Thanks for your replies - we really appreciate it! Sounds like it would be a nice change for us. And you're right about the itineraries - we'll just have to see what's out when they post their sailings. We'll try for a newer ship.

Thanks again!

Archived