Tendering in Grand Cayman- timing

inkmahm

We will be doing the Western cruise with DCL in December and I have a concern about tendering in Grand Cayman. I booked with Stingray Sailing for a 9 am (9"15 am at the latest) excursion. The Magic is supposed to be at Grand Cayman at 7:30 am so an hour and a half should be plenty of time to tender to shore to meet our tour guide.

BUT, I read on another site that only DCL excursion people are allowed off the ship at first. Is this true?

"In tender ports, DCL excursions have priority on the tender boats. So if you are planning to get off when a bunch of excursion groups are leaving the ship, you will be waiting. On my past cruises, open tenders weren't called until 10 - 10:30 (I think some of the DCL literature says 11am but ours were always before that time.) You can go to the theater and get tender tickets as soon as the ship is cleared in the morning (like PP said, the whole group has to be there and everyone has to wait). But it is hard to say how early you will be able to get off as it depends on the crowd waiting to get tender tickets and the # of excursions/people."

I also asked my TA this question and got the following reply:

"I was told by Disney Cruise Line that you should visit Guest Services once you are onboard the ship and explain that you have an excursion you need to meet in Grand Cayman and ask if you can get an earlier tender that morning. I was advised it should be no problem at all to get you there on time to meet your excursion representative."

Archived