snorkeling starts too early 7:30

Buzzcutt11

The ship docks at 8am, but the snorkeling excursion starts at 7:30 am. Is this a common situation? Do the tours adjust their timing to coincide with the ship? Why would this excursion be listed with this cruise if the times don't sync up?

I booked a tour through the ship. The ship arrives at 8:00am (ship time).

The shore excursion clearly states that it begins at 7:30am (again this is the ship's shore excursion department). :rolleyes:

The confirmation that we received shows the same times. Not too concerned, I am sure they won't start without us.

"You may have SHIP TIME on the dock time and local time for the TOUR TIME . I think I said that right.... Miami time is two hours ahead of Belize..in the summer and one hour in the winter. 7am on the ship = 9am in Belize "

I think this statement above is backwards. If ship time is 9 AM then it is 7 AM in Belize in the summer and in the winter it would be 8 AM in Belize.

If you are touring in the summer and the ship itinerary says the ship docks at 8 AM then the time is Belize would be 6 AM and your tour could be scheduled for 7:30 AM Belize time.

At any rate since you booked through the ship the shore excursion folks will be able clarify it for you I am sure.

"You may have SHIP TIME on the dock time and local time for the TOUR TIME . I think I said that right.... Miami time is two hours ahead of Belize..in the summer and one hour in the winter. 7am on the ship = 9am in Belize "

I think this statement above is backwards. If ship time is 9 AM then it is 7 AM in Belize in the summer and in the winter it would be 8 AM in Belize.

If you are touring in the summer and the ship itinerary says the ship docks at 8 AM then the time is Belize would be 6 AM and your tour could be scheduled for 7:30 AM Belize time.

At any rate since you booked through the ship the shore excursion folks will be able clarify it for you I am sure.

Thank you......I will not post while sleeping anymore......It is 1 10 pm right now in belize, so miami is 3 10pm....

This only adds more confusion but every ship I've been on that has sailed into another time zone has changed their time to match local time.

Some cruise lines do change the ship time to coincide with port time and some do not.

When you said out of the east coast and florida Carnival ships remain on EST in each port.

I have also sailed on RCL and HAL and I know that at least one of these if not both announced that the ships time was being changed to match port time.

Archived