Cabin Number on Cruise Card Poll

asctony

Cabin Number on Cruise Card Poll?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Cabin Number on Cruise Card Poll?

• Remove Cabin Number from Cruise Card
    • Leave Cabin Number on Cruise Card

Lili2,

You have a point, but then I will probably forget what my cabin # is also!

I was in the bank once and they had just cleaned out the ATM machine and had a handful of ATM cards, I couldn't believe about 1/2 of them had the pin # stuck to the card!

I can see it now, they remove the cabin number from the cards and then the first 48 hours there are hundreds at the purser's desk that can't remember their room number. lol

Sure would and I'd be the first in line - several times! :eek: :D :eek:

I must admit I've never given it a second thought, maybe I'm too trusting. Being able to successfully enter someone elses stateroom for the purpose of theft would take a lot of planning and time for observation to assure the cabin was empty. Heck if someone is willing to give up their leisure time on a cruise for that I'll let them steal my dirty clothes if they want, it's just less I have to pack at the end of the cruise. We keep the important (don't really take anything expensive or not replaceable) stuff in the safe anyway.

Sure would and I'd be the first in line - several times! :eek: :D :eek:

I must admit I've never given it a second thought, maybe I'm too trusting. Being able to successfully enter someone elses stateroom for the purpose of theft would take a lot of planning and time for observation to assure the cabin was empty. Heck if someone is willing to give up their leisure time on a cruise for that I'll let them steal my dirty clothes if they want, it's just less I have to pack at the end of the cruise. We keep the important (don't really take anything expensive or not replaceable) stuff in the safe anyway.

And not just to make sure the cabin was empty, but you'd have to make sure there were no stewards in sight. I walked to a friend's cabin and before I had even gotten there a steward asked me if I was lost. He knew I didn't belong there. Not only does your steward know you, but the other stewards know they DON'T know you!

Because you may start to loose things as you approach or reach your 6th decade.

LiLi2

That I fall into this category and we have sailed 7 times..never have we had a cabin number on our card and never have I NOT been able to find my way "home"..LOL...I personally prefer no numbers...it just leaves me open to a possible theft IF I were to have a bout of the "dropsies" and the card disappeared...I wouldn't panic like I would if it had my cabin number on it...and BTW we always lock up valuables...but cameras don't fit in the safes very well...:D so they would be easy to lift....

Archived