Time Question

quiltsnh

I know I have seen this before but please help me with an excursion I want to book.

We will be in Belize on April 26th and we are planning an excursion that leaves at 11:00 local time and returns at 2:15 local time... What is the ship time conversion? We get to Belize at 9AM Ships time and Depart at 6:00 Ships time....

Thanks

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

It depends on what time zone your ship will run on. If you leave from Florida, you'll probably stay on Eastern time. Belize is on Central time. The time difference would be the same to call Chicago from New York. Eastern time is an hour later than Central. Getting to port at 9am Eastern (ship) would be 8am Central (Belize). If you leave from Galveston, or something else on Central time, then there's no difference between ship and local time.

The only thing I'm not sure about is daylight savings time. April 26th should be after the US changes to it (I think), but I don't know if Central America does daylight savings time. Does anybody know?

I checked and Belize does not observe daylight saving time so does that mean if you sail from Florida that Belize is two hours behind ship's time?

Also, I believe the Cozumel doesn't observe daylight saving time either.

Does anyone know how that will work after April 3rd? This is a question I've been trying to find out for weeks since we are sailing on the Glory April 9th.

Archived