Immigration procedure for non-US passport holders

Does anyone know... do non-US passport holders have to go through some type of immigration procedure to get off the ship in St. Thomas?

We are first time cruisers and this forum has just been a great source of info. Thank you guys!!

Spring for a passport.

The OP does have a passport.. it's just not a US passport.

To answer the question.. there have been times where non-US citizens have had to present themselves to Immigration onboard the ship prior to being allowed ashore. Most of these instances have been when the ship visited a foreign port before calling on St. Thomas. For a while this practice had been suspended, but with the ever changing laws and rules, anything is possible... check your daily Compass for any requirements.

Does anyone know... do non-US passport holders have to go through some type of immigration procedure to get off the ship in St. Thomas?

We are first time cruisers and this forum has just been a great source of info. Thank you guys!!

We didn't have to, this was about 3 months ago. Freely went off and on the ship at all our ports, including St. Thomas.

Thank you all. I will post my experience after my cruise :)

Where is your passport from? That will determine the procedures. The above posters are talking about Canada, are you from there? If not you need to make sure that no ports require a Visa.

Archived