which snorkeling trip to book in Belize?

SeasideMermaid

I'm interested in seeing lots of colorful fish. I've already searched and read through a few threads here and am not interested in booking with Coral Breeze Tours after the negative reviews I read in a thread here. I'm not sure the difference between these trips, I think one may have a beach?

BARRIER REEF SNORKEL WITH BEACH BREAK

Cut right through the turquoise blue waters of Belize aboard a 65-foot high-speed custom-built catamaran en route to your snorkeling excursion.

GOFF'S CAYE SNORKELING

Don’t pass up this opportunity to snorkel this magnificent coral island sitting right on top of the Great Barrier Reef of Belize. Board your snorkel boat directly from the ship, and an approximate 25-minute ride will take you to this remote caye.

SERGEANT'S CAY SNORKEL ADVENTURE

This is a rare chance to visit a remote manatee research station and snorkel over Belize’s world famous barrier reef.

My family and I have been fortunate enough to visit Belize several times. We like to book barrier reef snorkel with beach break really for two reasons #1 you will not have to tender to Belize city first because ,usually, this tour leaves from your ship! #2 the beach break part of this tour is on "Bannister Island" a much nicer beach area than the tiny Goffs Cay! I remember the snorkeling to be much better the first time we did this tour than the other times> if you book with Coral Breeze tours they might bring you to a nicer part of the reef system! Remember they want to protect this reef, so I swear that sometimes they don't even let you go snorkel anywhere near the most abundant parts of this reef

Belize is a tricky port and Belize city is not all that great. Unless you are going to take a water taxi on your own to San Pedro or Caye Caulker, I would recomend BARRIER REEF SNORKEL WITH BEACH BREAK or any trip that picks you p from the ship...

Archived