St Martin?

WE will be arriving in St John on the Glory Aug 12. We are thinking of doing the St Martin and Bay of Fundy tour, my question is will we get to see the caves in St Martin, as that would be our main interest there? I think low tide is at 8am and with the ship time vs shore time issue I don't think we would get to see them. I hate to say is it worth the trip to St Martin, but.... is it?:o

Thanks for your help!

WE will be arriving in St John on the Glory Aug 12. We are thinking of doing the St Martin and Bay of Fundy tour, my question is will we get to see the caves in St Martin, as that would be our main interest there? I think low tide is at 8am and with the ship time vs shore time issue I don't think we would get to see them. I hate to say is it worth the trip to St Martin, but.... is it?:o

Thanks for your help!

The main attraction at St. Martins is the natural wonder of walking on the sea floor and exploring the seacave. Is it worth it? Thats a personal decision - what I can say when the tide is in it's a quaint fishing village. This may not be enough to justify the time and expense. Personally due to tide schedules I would stay in Saint John. There are great attractions to explore right off the ship, including the Old City Market. You can explore the natural wonder of the Reversing Falls. There is a new attraction zip lining over the falls www.saintjohnadventures.ca or the jet boat ride through the falls http://www.jetboatrides.com/

Hope you make out OK deciding.

Thanks acey - thats what I was afraid of :(. Would have loved to see the caves but I guess it is just an excuse to come back and try again!

I don't think that I can talk my hubby or our friends into the zipline :eek:.

I will have to go back and study your guide to St john!!

Thanks acey - thats what I was afraid of :(. Would have loved to see the caves but I guess it is just an excuse to come back and try again!

I don't think that I can talk my hubby or our friends into the zipline :eek:.

I will have to go back and study your guide to St john!!

Ask away if you have more questions - few locals on here glad to help.

Thanks for your help!

We've been to St. Martin and loved it -- this time trying St. Andrews. Seeing Market and Reversing Falls does not excite -- there is a lot of shopping in the pedway (inside walkway) leading to the Market though if the weather is bad and also there's a museum. Used Freedom Tours. Vicki:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived