Flight times out of Seattle

redhummer96

Quick question. We are on the NCL Star in Sept. The ship is scheduled to arrive into port at 8:00 am. Our flight times are set at 12:05. Is this cutting it to close?

We would of had plenty of time last year when we did this cruise to make the flight, but I'm a little worried........

I can't answer specifically but the stress would undo all the benefits of my cruise. We stayed a couple of days afterwards in Seattle and we loved it. Even overnight would be pleasant and remove the worry if you are able to swing it. Anyway, have a great time!

We just got off the Pearl a few weeks ago so:

If you carry your luggage off, and have a hired car waiting for you to take you to the airport, you will have absolutly no problem getting to the airport on time.

If you stand around wating for a cab, or are not in the very first group to walk off the ship; I would choose a flight leaving a few hours later.

Walk off on your own and you can be at the airport by 900 easy. Absolutely, no concern about the Noon flight. We flew out at 1045 and had plenty of time to get to airport and eat breakfast there.

We just got off the Pearl a few weeks ago so:

If you carry your luggage off, and have a hired car waiting for you to take you to the airport, you will have absolutly no problem getting to the airport on time.

If you stand around wating for a cab, or are not in the very first group to walk off the ship; I would choose a flight leaving a few hours later.

We did exactly that also. I really didn't notice how long the wait was for a cab. The towncar was within a few dollars of cab fare. He was was right on time, and wisked up out of there. We had an 8am arrival and a 12:15 flight. We were VERY early. Just as well........

Quick question. We are on the NCL Star in Sept. The ship is scheduled to arrive into port at 8:00 am. Our flight times are set at 12:05. Is this cutting it to close?

We would of had plenty of time last year when we did this cruise to make the flight, but I'm a little worried........

the port is a 20 min ride to the airport. If you can get off the ship by nine...you will have tons of time. I live in Seattle and very rarely do I get to the airport 90 min before my flight, and have plenty of time

Walk off on your own and you can be at the airport by 900 easy. Absolutely, no concern about the Noon flight. We flew out at 1045 and had plenty of time to get to airport and eat breakfast there.

That's good to know...We have a 11:30 flight..have booked a town car, and plan on taking our own luggage off.. Once I get to the airport and through security I will feel MUCH better (my husband had 2 knee replacements..so we know security will take some time)

I hate to be a negative about this, but would like you to take into consideration something that happened on one of our cruises returning to Seattle. (We live in Seattle so the setback didn't bother us at all but I felt sorry for the folks all around us who missed their flights due to this delay.)

The ships are subject to random checks by immigration. That means that ALL crew members, including the captain have to get off the ship and go through immigration before any passengers can disembark.

This may not happen for several weeks, and of course since it is random, they have no way of knowing when it will happen next so it's impossible to plan for.

I don't remember the exact length of the delay but I believe it was at least 90 minutes and maybe as long as 2 hours.

Something to consider when booking a flight after your cruise.

Have fun!

Just got off the Pearl last Sunday and had no problem reaching airport very quickly. Either walk your baggage with you or choose the first disembarkation time. You will be off the pier very quickly and the cabs and limos are waiting there for the 20 minute ride to the airport.

You may also pre-book the limo before you go on the cruise and they will be waiting for you at the dock.

Just hope that your ship does not go thru the random immigration check and you will be just fine.

Archived