POA back2ack???

doitallWMB

Has anyone cruised the POA back to back? We are strongly considering Hawaii for our 25th and were just wondering if anyone on here had done this ship for two weeks? The same ports in Hawaii don't bother us, as it seems there are so very many things to do. We are comparing to a southern/eastern on an RCCL ship. We love freestyle. Any feedback???:):confused:

I'm not answering your question ;) but wanted to let you know what we are doing...four days in Maui, cruise, three days in Oahu. I think this will give us time to see/do MOST of what we want to do. I feel like our days in Maui/Oahu will be "lazy" days compared to busy port days with the cruise ship where we have to be back at a certain time. Another advantage is the opportunity to visit more restaurants.

In Maui, we are splurging for beachfront in Ka'anapali. In Oahu, our friends are meeting us and we are splitting an inexpensive room at the Ilima ($160 for a two-bedroom with a full kitchen, free parking, free wi-fi).

Regardless of what you do, you will have a wonderful time! We are planning to ;).

We are booked on a back2back on the POA in March / April 2011. We thought this was the best option for us to get around the islands. We are having 9 days in Honolulu pre cruise.

Like you, we think there are more than enough activities to keep us busy in the ports. It makes the days a bit more relaxed if you have more time, IMO.

After being on the POAm, I couldn't imagine being on the ship for two weeks unless I am in a suite. The balcony cabins are extremely small compared to every other cabin I have been in. (including a balcony cabin on the Pride of Aloha, a smaller ship.)

With two weeks in Hawaii, I think you want to spend more time in Honolulu because the time the cruise ship is there is not enough to see everything that there is to see. I really like annecolorgreen's plans... that sounds perfect.

After being on the POAm, I couldn't imagine being on the ship for two weeks unless I am in a suite. The balcony cabins are extremely small compared to every other cabin I have been in. (including a balcony cabin on the Pride of Aloha, a smaller ship.)

With two weeks in Hawaii, I think you want to spend more time in Honolulu because the time the cruise ship is there is not enough to see everything that there is to see. I really like annecolorgreen's plans... that sounds perfect.

Is the POA THAT bad? I loved the Jewel. We were just saying how the NCL experience was the most stress relieving of our cruising experience? Maybe you are a little harsh???:confused:

Archived