Looking for a place for a 9yr old to Snorkel

Pattyjo9951

Cemetery Beach section of 7Mile beach would be a good spot. Take a cab or the bus along with lunch or snacks (no facilities there). If the water is calm another good spot is Smith Cove, just east of the tender area (again cab or bus). I does have washrooms and picnic tables, but no concessions.

Cemetery Beach section of 7Mile beach would be a good spot. Take a cab or the bus along with lunch or snacks (no facilities there). If the water is calm another good spot is Smith Cove, just east of the tender area (again cab or bus). I does have washrooms and picnic tables, but no concessions.

I second both of those recommendations. We just got back from a land vacation on Grand Cayman, and we spent time at each beach and had fun snorkeling. Both places have snorkeling very close to shore (30 feet or so) that I and my 12 year old daughter enjoyed, plus there was better snorkeling farther out for hubby (he is a better swimmer).

We did the Stingray City and Snorkel tour with Moby Dick - several families with kids on the boat. Great service, kid sized snorkel fins and gear available if you need it, no pressure to buy pictures or DVDs, and then you get to visit the stingrays after some great snorkeling!:D Cost was about 1/2 of what carnival was charging for the same tour.;)

Good luck!:)

Archived