October School Break

htmlll

My kids go to one of those "year round" schools. Their break last year was from 9/25-10/17. The other year-round in our area started a week later and was also for three weeks. Not sure what it is going to be this year, but that should give you an idea. The regular public schools in the area do not have fall breaks. Hope it helps!

Hi,

My son has the first week in Oct. off for fall break. They started what the school system calls a balanced schedule this year which gives them more breaks. I like it! We are booked on Carnival Miracle for Oct 2. I can't wait!!

If some kids do have fall break during that time do you think the cruise on Oct 9th will have alot of kids? Going during this time is it like going during summer break or spring break as far as number of kids on the ship?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My kids have fall break the week of October 9th and we will be cruising. I think a lot of schools have fall break. We cruise 2 years ago on October 5th and there were a lot of kids, not quite as many as in the summer, but they were definitely there. If you don't want to be around kids, I would pick later in October as I think year round schools and schools on alternative schedules are usually done by mid October. I know there were people on our ship 2 years ago that weren't happy with all of the kids on the ship. I think mostly because they did not anticipate October to be busy as it hasn't been to long that kids have been getting fall breaks. Hope this helps.

Here in WI the teacher's convention is generally the last week in October, so whatever is the final Thurs and Friday in Oct, we have off. Usually no other time off in Oct.

We live in a school district where deer hunting is an unalienable right, so since Thanksgiving falls during "deer gun" season our school distric gives extra time off Thanksgiving week - half day on Tue; then Wed, Thu, and Fri off. (I've never checked, but always assumed, that it was the hunters using the guns, not the deer:D)

Last year, we had fall break the second week in October. I have never heard of a fall break until my DS started school. And, we live in central FL. Our county is the only one in the around here that has one. So, DS's friends that live the next city over have to go to school and wait for winter break! Kind of strange!

I really don't think that fall break is wide spread. I think you will be fine. There probably will be some kids, but there will always be some kids. I don't think there will be nearly as much as summer time. Go, relax, have fun, and don't let the fact that there are a few kids there ruin your good time!

Jeannette

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

My son has the first week in Oct. off for fall break. They started what the school system calls a balanced schedule this year which gives them more breaks. I like it! We are booked on Carnival Miracle for Oct 2. I can't wait!!

Wow! Someone else from Conyers. My sister is in Newton County Schools and they have fall break from Oct 3-7. We are cruising then.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Someone else from Conyers. My sister is in Newton County Schools and they have fall break from Oct 3-7. We are cruising then.

Hi,

Your the second person I've met on these boards from Conyers. I can't wait for our cruise to get here! We're going with 2 other couples and there kids mostly teenagers and a 8 yr. old girl. My kids are 9 and 4. This is our first cruise on Carnival. I've cruised two other times on RCI.

We are on fall break the first 2 weeks of October. We will be sailing on the Holiday with 6/8 yo on 10/10. Last year dh and I sailed ALONE in Sept; very few children. I "expect" there to be more with the possibility of fall breaks; should be for a good time for them too. Enough to make friends yet not overrun and left out b/c of too many around! :)

Keller ISD has Fall Break October 3-7. We are the 3rd largest school district in Tarrant County TX (Ft. Worth). 25 schools, that includes 3 high schools. It is easy to get to Galveston and many families love to cruise during this break.

We are on Star Oct. 9.

With my grandkids (4) plus roll call another 2 we only know of so that makes 6. But on another board I saw post from family with 6 kids on same ship.

Not on CC boards.

I will guarantee that 3 of my 4 grandkids will be very well behaved can't speak for the 16yr old boy - he really does his own thing (this is their 3rd cruise). So they know what to do and what is expected of them.

Hello,

I am new to posting. We will be traveling Oct. 9 RT San Diego/Hawaii on Celebrity Infinity. We will be cruising with our 13 year old daughter. She is polite and well behaved. Is there anybody else that will be traveling on this cruise with a daughter in that age range?

Hi there,

My son's school closes the week of 10/10 and we will likely be on the Celebrity Summit. We sailed 2 years ago on the Star Princess for this break and there were over 100 kids on board. They had a great kids program but it was not very well managed if that makes sense.

Archived