First time on Crnival, elegant night?

Cozzette2

I have only sailed 3 times and twice was on Princess. They have formal nights and I know what to expect. I am planning a family cruise on Carnival and am not sure what is considered Elegant night. Are there any full length dress' or is it more cocktail length? Suites for men or is it not even that elegant? I don't want to mislead the family as to what they need to buy.

Thanks, Kris

We have cruised Carnival 13 times and you see everything on elegant night. You will see beautiful long gowns as well as the shorter cocktail dresses and even church dresses. You see men with suits, tuxes, and shirts with sport coats. You will see a little bit of everything. You will not be out of place in a long gown. I always wear one as we like to dress up. Carnival recently changed their "formal" night to "elegant" night so formals are not required.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise.

Joan

As has been said, you will see everything from very formal wear to cocktail dresses and more casual. I finally wore a long dress on my last Carnival cruise after usually wearing cocktail dresses. After seeing ladies in their beautiful gowns, it made me wish I had brought one lol, so I finally did! I love to see people dressed up. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived