Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre or Ile d'Orleans

For those of you who have done both, which would you choose if you could only choose one? I will be in Quebec city in early October. I have an afternoon to do either of these sites. I am spending other time in Quebec City. Thanks!

I guess it comes down to what interests you.

Ste-Anne is particularly pretty I find in the fall. There is the Basilica itself, the associated monastery, and museum. The Basilica has a copy of Michelangelo's Pièta - the only one outside of the Vatican. It is architecturally significant, and if you are a pilgrim, there are many miracles which have been attributed to Ste-Anne.

One of the joys of Île d'Orléans is being able to stop along the way as you run around the island. Take in a leisurely lunch, see the sights, watch the migrating snow geese, stop at a couple of galleries, buy some local goods (honey is the best there!) You could easily spend an entire day there.

Bonne chance et bonne croisière.

Scott.

I think you easily spend a couple of days exploring Île d'Orléans. We did a driving tour of the province a few years ago; and, quite by accident discovered the island as a place to stay. We ended up spending four nights at two different B&Bs. Both were wonderful, and not very expensive. We had an incredible dinner at a local restaurant. We did stop at Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre while driving north. But, if it was my choice, it would be the island.

If I had to chose betweent he 2 I would definitely go for St Anne and don't miss seeing the "Ciclarama" (sp?) while you are there. It is just on the opposite side of the parking lot form the church. It to me is the real wonder of Ste Anne

Archived