Celebration

HI

Sorry for all the questions, but getting excited now

Could someone who has recently returnd from a cruise on the Celebration please give me some idea of the entertainment on board?

We are cruising on the Aegean Discovery on 23rd August and have mixed ages ranging from 14 through to 60 something. There will be 8 of us in total and are hoping that there will be something to keep us all entertained throughout the week.

Is there much happening on board during the daytime? As my mum is not too good on her feet we dont anticipate doing many of the trips as a complete group, but are thinking that we will choose our shore excursions with her in mind and maybe leave her onboard if we are happy that she will be ok on her own for a few hours, if there is something that we really want to do which she wont be able to manage (we are taking a wheelchair for her, but realise that its not practical on the tenders). She has said that she will be ok, but it'd still be nice to know that there maybe something she could do.

We have prebooked cabin 053, so any infoon this would be helpful, as well as any general information on both the ship and the ports of call.

How has the weather been?

Does everyone get an invite to the captains dinner, or is it just drinks?

On countdown now, the tickets have arrived, so its just the packing to get done and we are ready.

Many thanks in advance of your replies, as i know someone out there will be more than willing to advise

Hope to meet up with some lof you lovely people

Sue

Sorry for all the questions, but getting excited now

Could someone who has recently returnd from a cruise on the Celebration please give me some idea of the entertainment on board?

We are cruising on the Aegean Discovery on 23rd August and have mixed ages ranging from 14 through to 60 something. There will be 8 of us in total and are hoping that there will be something to keep us all entertained throughout the week. We were a party of 6 last year on the Celebration ranging from 9 - '60 something' & there was plenty to keep us entertained! You get a Cruise News in your cabin every day detailing everything you can do. We all absolutely loved the evening entertainment; the shows, the fun & dancing in Liberties and the quiet band in Horizon!

Is there much happening on board during the daytime? Activities in the day ranged from Port Showcase - talks on the ports you will be visiting, shuffleboard, deck quoits, port walks, trivia quizes, indoor golf, line dancing, salsa dancing, bingo, cinema, table tennis, carpet bowls, yoga, pilates, walk a mile on deck, napkin folding, flambe demonstrations, Teen events such as sports etc etc etc or just chilling out on deck or in the card / reading room As my mum is not too good on her feet we dont anticipate doing many of the trips as a complete group, but are thinking that we will choose our shore excursions with her in mind and maybe leave her onboard if we are happy that she will be ok on her own for a few hours, if there is something that we really want to do which she wont be able to manage (we are taking a wheelchair for her, but realise that its not practical on the tenders). She has said that she will be ok, but it'd still be nice to know that there maybe something she could do.

We have prebooked cabin 053, so any infoon this would be helpful, as well as any general information on both the ship and the ports of call.

How has the weather been?

Does everyone get an invite to the captains dinner, or is it just drinks? Everyone gets an invite - there are 2 separate sittings, an earlier & a later - Thomson allocate your sitting for Captain's Night only. You have pre-dinner drinks first then dinner in the restaurant afterwards.

On countdown now, the tickets have arrived, so its just the packing to get done and we are ready.

Many thanks in advance of your replies, as i know someone out there will be more than willing to advise

Hope to meet up with some lof you lovely people I am sure you will have a wonderful time - we loved the Celebration :)

Sue

Hi Sue

We were on Celebration in May and the weather was glorious we were out on deck at 1.00am most nights and it was still very warm. We stayed in cabin 053 last year. It is tucked away right at the end next to the bridge behind the watertight doors. It is not as large as the other deluxe cabins as it is a diff. layout and square'ish' rather than long. We found it very quite apart from an odd crew members radio on a morning which didn't happen very often and the door rattled but a bit of paper sorted this.

Mary

Archived